Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Coil spacers for more lift vs larger coils

Old 09-05-2011, 08:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coil spacers for more lift vs larger coils

Am thinking of going a little bit bigger on my short arm setup and was curious of what people experienced when they added a 1 inch spacer to their current 3 lift. Did it seem more firm vs going to a longer spring ?!
Old 09-05-2011, 09:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snopro269
Am thinking of going a little bit bigger on my short arm setup and was curious of what people experienced when they added a 1 inch spacer to their current 3 lift. Did it seem more firm vs going to a longer spring ?!
Itll feel the same, you just have to do some castor correction and possibly throw on some new drive shafts with that much lift. I plan on adding another 1 inch coil spacer when money allows for everything to do it properly (i.e shafts, adjustable control arms, etc.)
Old 09-06-2011, 06:31 AM
JK Super Freak

I currently have an 8 arm TF setup with castor that I added in the front. Just curious about the ride.
I have done various lifts in the past on different brands and everyone that I ever put spring spacers rode "less appealing " than a progressive spring without spacers
Old 09-06-2011, 12:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snopro269
I currently have an 8 arm TF setup with castor that I added in the front. Just curious about the ride.
I have done various lifts in the past on different brands and everyone that I ever put spring spacers rode "less appealing " than a progressive spring without spacers
It will ride the same as your current setup. Obviously aftermarket coils are going to ride nicer than stock coils and spacers, but adding a spacer to your current lift will not change the ride.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
At 4" you might encounter steering issues but the coils will perform the same as before.
Yeah my current next mod is PSC, drag link flip kit, larger ball joints, and Reid knuckles.
Also my jeep weighs in at 5300 lbs without gear and I am planning throwing a river raider full skid as well
I'm thinking the current 3 inch coil plus an added spacer will help me out

Last edited by snopro269; 09-06-2011 at 07:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Coil spacers for more lift vs larger coils