Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Coil spacers before and after anyone????

Old 01-14-2009, 09:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coil spacers before and after anyone????

Does anyone have a before and after pic with 3/4 or 1" coil spacers I did a search and nothing came up I just wanted to get an idea on how it looked!
Old 01-14-2009, 01:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NTXJK
Does anyone have a before and after pic with 3/4 or 1" coil spacers I did a search and nothing came up I just wanted to get an idea on how it looked!
I put 3/4" Daystar spacers on the front of mine to help compensate for the winch and bumper (along with Rubicon springs). While there is about a 1 1/2" difference, you can't really notice it without a tape measure.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:43 PM
JK Super Freak

I don't have a comparative picture, but I hope this helps. I don't think many folks take before and after pictures of a 3/4" coil spacer since it's such an insignificant installation. It's really easy to do and only makes a difference to someone who knows there's a forward rake to begin with. If you see the Jeep in motion in the real world, you'll never notice it's there. You only notice it if the Jeep is parked on an even surface, during the day, with the sun behind you and sober. Besides that, you'll never know.

Here you go:

Before (Picture was taken the day I brought the JK home.):

After coil spacers (I sold my hardtop and stuck with the soft top.):

After wheel spacers (coil spacers where already installed also):

Old 01-14-2009, 04:41 PM
JK Super Freak

the 3/4 inch spacers in the front really make it sit alot better (sorry no pics) if you have a heavier bumper and a winch, you may want to double them up!
Old 01-14-2009, 08:09 PM
JK Junkie

Thanks for some of the feedback guys I just want a little bit more of a lift, my tires rub pretty good in the rear and was thinking about adding 3/4 or the 1" spacers and still be able to get in the garage! I wanted to see some pics to see if it was worth it or not
Old 01-15-2009, 03:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by NTXJK
Thanks for some of the feedback guys I just want a little bit more of a lift, my tires rub pretty good in the rear and was thinking about adding 3/4 or the 1" spacers and still be able to get in the garage! I wanted to see some pics to see if it was worth it or not
I think it's worth it adding 3/4"-1" coil spacers as well as 1.5" wheel spacers just because it's very easy to do, doesn't interfere with any suspension or steering components, is inexpensive and gives the Jeep a more balanced and aggressive appearance.

You should still be able to get in the garage with a 3" lift and 35s though. How low is your garage opening? Mine is standard and I still have about 6" of space between the highest point on the soft top and the edge of the door opening. If you have a hard top, you should have even more space.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do you have to have anything done to the front end ie. toe adjustment, alignment or anything of that nature?
Old 01-15-2009, 09:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Squad2man
Do you have to have anything done to the front end ie. toe adjustment, alignment or anything of that nature?
Not for just 3/4" - 1". I didn't even have to re-center my steering wheel.

Just install and go.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nclehmann
Not for just 3/4" - 1". I didn't even have to re-center my steering wheel.

Just install and go.
X2. No further adjustments required.

Quick Reply: Coil spacers before and after anyone????