Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

coil spacers with a 4" lift

Old 12-30-2011, 07:42 AM
Rsp
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coil spacers with a 4" lift

I am curious if i can or if it is wise to add 1" coil spacers to my existing 4" lift to make up for the sag? Will it affect the driveshafts? Still running stock ds! Any and all help is appreciated!
Old 12-30-2011, 07:50 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Rsp
I am curious if i can or if it is wise to add 1" coil spacers to my existing 4" lift to make up for the sag? Will it affect the driveshafts? Still running stock ds! Any and all help is appreciated!
sure you can do it as all it will really do is help bring you back up to where you were. your rear shaft should be fine being that you have a 4-door but, i'm kinda surprised that you're still running a factory front being that you have an auto
Old 12-30-2011, 07:59 AM
Rsp
JK Newbie

I haven't had any problems with it yet! Knock on wood! If it were to break , is that all it Will break or Will it damage anything else?
Old 12-30-2011, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

^^^^ Its my understanding that its more the boot and joints that will fail due to contact with the skidplates/trans not an actual broken drive shaft. Feel free to correct me here guys.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rsp
I added 2in spacer to my 4in and it's doing fine I have 15,000 on em!

Quick Reply: coil spacers with a 4" lift