Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Coil spacers

Old 06-13-2014, 04:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coil spacers

Anyone running coil spacers in the front? Jk has a slight tilt toward the front. I have an OME 2.5" lift with Bilstein 5100. I went with the HD coil springs , so I can add bumper and winch. I have a feeling it could be worse! How do the coil spacers work? I was leaning toward teraflex ones.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 2.5" AEV lift sagged in the front when I added my bumper and winch. Added a 3/4" coil spacer in the front. Can't remember what brand off hand, but they are pretty much the same. Cheap, simple install, worked great.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:15 AM
JK Junkie

The theory is that you will be adding a lot of weight to the rear (bumper/carrier, large spare, gear, etc). If that is not the case, you should swap out the rear HD coils for the medium duty coils. It will ride a lot better as well.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:40 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by THUMPER450
Anyone running coil spacers in the front? Jk has a slight tilt toward the front. I have an OME 2.5" lift with Bilstein 5100. I went with the HD coil springs , so I can add bumper and winch. I have a feeling it could be worse! How do the coil spacers work? I was leaning toward teraflex ones.
Coil Spring Spacers are a cheap and easy way to get rid of a sag. Plus, you can take a measurement and get the exact spacer you need, instead of swapping coils where your ride height is dependent on so many variables. Let me know if you have questions or would like a quote on a pair!

-Ryan
Old 06-13-2014, 11:14 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by XTRyan
Coil Spring Spacers are a cheap and easy way to get rid of a sag. Plus, you can take a measurement and get the exact spacer you need, instead of swapping coils where your ride height is dependent on so many variables. Let me know if you have questions or would like a quote on a pair!

-Ryan
Yes and no. If all you do is add a spacer, it is cheap. The OP likely has around 3" of lift with the HD coils. If a spacer is added to the front, the OP will most definitely have a caster issue and will need CA drop brackets or adjustable control arms. Not a huge expense, but worth keeping in mind.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adding a 3/4 inch spacer will not affect caster to any detrimental degree. I only speak this from experience when I put mine on. I actually bought 1 3/4 spacers and cut them down to 1 1/4 inch as this was my need to level out. My caster have declined a fraction of a degree but no adverse handling resulted. If he goes 3/4 inch, he's fine.

Quick Reply: Coil spacers