Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

coil spacers

Old 03-31-2011, 03:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thitalian97
ok so through all the b.s. on here i was able to piece a little bit together. new shocks are not necessary when it comes to coil spacers.
Lol, sorry about that.... No, they really aren't needed unless your planning on wheeling places that your stockers can't handle...,,
Old 03-31-2011, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol thank you thats really all i needed. what a weird thread that turned out to be
Old 03-31-2011, 03:58 PM
JK Junkie

Yea, karls10jk and I are pretty good friends and work on our rigs together. I'm stuck on mission with the army and was bored.

If it helps, I pretty much made my own coil lift/BB. I swapped my stock coils for Rubi 18/59 and will be putting Rubi shocks on when I get home. It's much cheaper and it's my own concoction so to speak....
Old 03-31-2011, 04:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Not trying to hijack...but..lol if the front sway bar is connected that will keep from over extending the shocks? With a bb in there?
Old 03-31-2011, 04:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by arasco85
Not trying to hijack...but..lol if the front sway bar is connected that will keep from over extending the shocks? With a bb in there?
I can't see his page from iPhone app and he didn't say whether or not he had a Rubi. If so, this thread went on way too long on the shock extension part....
Old 03-31-2011, 04:13 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Battlefrog

I can't see his page from iPhone app and he didn't say whether or not he had a Rubi. If so, this thread went on way too long on the shock extension part....
He will need longer sway bar connects though. Yes, you are correct with no over travel if connected....
Old 03-31-2011, 07:11 PM
JK Newbie

Default to the op

I installed a 2.5 coil lift and noticed my sway bar links were fully extended or in line with the sway bar at fullflex. I heard this can end up going back up the wrong way and ruining your day so i purchased some extended links now my shocks limit the travel which I have also heard is not good on the shocks so now it looks like i need longer shocks. then my shocks will let the coils come unseated so i need taller coils. ok seems like it is a viscous cycle of modifying but i like it. who really knows maybe a pro will chime in here some time and let us know what to do! So far I havent had any problems with my shocks and I get a chance to test them every weekend!
Old 03-31-2011, 07:31 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by B09RUBI
I installed a 2.5 coil lift and noticed my sway bar links were fully extended or in line with the sway bar at fullflex. I heard this can end up going back up the wrong way and ruining your day so i purchased some extended links now my shocks limit the travel which I have also heard is not good on the shocks so now it looks like i need longer shocks. then my shocks will let the coils come unseated so i need taller coils. ok seems like it is a viscous cycle of modifying but i like it. who really knows maybe a pro will chime in here some time and let us know what to do! So far I havent had any problems with my shocks and I get a chance to test them every weekend!
Old 03-31-2011, 10:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ludski
teraflex 2.5" coil lift with shock extensions is $500 at northridge 4x4
and with shocks its in the $700's.
You can get a set of 4 spacers without shocks for under $175.
If budget is your focus and you want looks this is the cheapest approach.

Quick Reply: coil spacers