Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Coil spacer take away articulation?

Old 01-23-2011, 11:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It might change you angles a bit depending on the size... Do you have adjustable control arms?
Old 01-24-2011, 02:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joe002
It doesn't necessarily show here, but it has a very slight rake (I have to put a level on the frame to check it). I think a slight rake is desirable as you have some room to add equipment and not get a reverse rake:

Yeah, install your equipment and then see...

GreenJK07 - 35s.
Your rock rail looks like it just misses the tire in that pic. I guess you have cycled the suspension with no problems though? I had to trim mine for sure (and pinch seem of course) for my 35's.

I'm glad I saw this thread. I have been wondering what size, if any, I will need to add after bumper and winch go on in a few weeks. I have the tf 2.5 coil lift also. Sounds like a 1/2" spacer will do the trick.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cut my rock rails down and trimmed the pinch seam. Not sure if I needed too bit looks better
Old 01-24-2011, 12:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you guys think the 3" tf spring lift could fit 37's? I'm sure a spring spacer would be needed but what do you guys think?
Old 01-24-2011, 04:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks Planman.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Biginboca
Your rock rail looks like it just misses the tire in that pic. I guess you have cycled the suspension with no problems though? I had to trim mine for sure (and pinch seem of course) for my 35's...
I'm constantly amazed at the details that some people pick out in posted pics. Yeah, the rails in the pic were really close to the tires. When I was crawling I didn't have any rubbing at all, but If I was flexing over a smaller bump at just the right speed the tires would rub, so I did trim the slider and "adjusted" the pinch seam:

Old 02-10-2011, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my tires hit my pinch seam, so all the "buzz" that the tire drops down and back is a little confusing. When I'm stuffed it dug in, I trimmed my seams, JB welded them then painted them.

Flat flares are next...

Stuffed pic after seam trim:

Quick Reply: Coil spacer take away articulation?