Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Coil spacer take away articulation?

Old 01-23-2011, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coil spacer take away articulation?

So I have the 2.5 tf coil lift on a 2 door soft top. I am about to pull the trigger on a front stubby winch bumper, probably lod and rear tire carrier. I see all the threads say this will lower my front end with the added weight and everyone is adding the coil spacers. My question is, will this take away from my front axle articulation if I do this? Is there any other route? Do I need to add anything to rear at same time?
Old 01-23-2011, 05:10 PM
JK Super Freak

I have a 2 door, soft top, LoD bumper (front), Warn PowerPlant, custom metal bumper rear, and my TeraFlex 2.5" spring lift (I have the 4 door version) can handle the extra weight and give you plenty of flex:

Rear is good too:
Old 01-23-2011, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the posts. Jeep looks good. My 2.5 is the 4 door version too. Do u sit level after bumpers installed or have any rake? I guess I might just have to get and see what happens and add coils or spacers from there. Thanks again guys like always
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-846760703.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	121029  
Old 01-23-2011, 05:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Feasterdef
Thanks for the posts. Jeep looks good. My 2.5 is the 4 door version too. Do u sit level after bumpers installed or have any rake? I guess I might just have to get and see what happens and add coils or spacers from there. Thanks again guys like always
What size tires are you guys running with that 2.5 tf lift?
Old 01-23-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

So I have the 2.5 tf coil lift on a 2 door soft top. I am about to pull the trigger on a front stubby winch bumper, probably lod and rear tire carrier. I see all the threads say this will lower my front end with the added weight and everyone is adding the coil spacers. My question is, will this take away from my front axle articulation if I do this? Is there any other route? Do I need to add anything to rear at same time?
I have the same lift, Teraflex with the RR full sized bumper and the Warn M8ooo winch on the front and the RR XHD bumper on the rear. No spacers are needed. The springs do a great job. Install the bumper and winch before you do anything with spacers and then decide. I'm pretty confident that you won't want spacers. I did get the extended shock kit though and installed the 1/2" spacer in the rear.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:48 PM
JK Super Freak

...Do u sit level after bumpers installed or have any rake? I guess I might just have to get and see what happens and add coils or spacers from there. Thanks again guys like always
It doesn't necessarily show here, but it has a very slight rake (I have to put a level on the frame to check it). I think a slight rake is desirable as you have some room to add equipment and not get a reverse rake:

Yeah, install your equipment and then see...

GreenJK07 - 35s.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

35x12.50 with no rubbing issues what-so-ever. I disconnect sway bars and go rock climbing almost every weekend.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

35x12.50 with no rubbing issues what-so-ever. I disconnect sway bars and go rock climbing almost every weekend.
Stock driveshafts and control arms?
Old 01-23-2011, 08:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes. Stock drive shaft and control arms. I have the 6 speed manual.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Former Member

Yes. Stock drive shaft and control arms. I have the 6 speed manual.
It'll still flex the same. The shock length doesnt change

Quick Reply: Coil spacer take away articulation?