Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Coil Spacer Question

Old 11-11-2013, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coil Spacer Question

Hey Gals & Guys, I'm looking for some input on leveling my 2014 Rubicon 2dr. Prior to adding my LoD Midwidth and Zeon 8, the front end had a 1" rake. Once the bumper/winch were added, I'm now looking at about 1.5" and hate the look of the front end. Should I expect more front end sag over time?

At this time, I'm not wanting a complete coil lift. I want to get to know my Jeep and find out what works best for the two of us over time. I could use your experience in selecting coil spacers and sway bar links for the front that will help level the front with the rear. My thoughts at the moment are the 1.75" Synergy, 1.5" Rock Krawler (front/rear kit) or 1.75" TeraFlex. Please provide feedback on coil spacer options, sway bar links and possible need for bump stops.

I enjoy working on my Jeep, so all modifications will be performed by myself and my daughter!
Old 11-11-2013, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

All three brands you are looking at make good stuff. I would go with the cheaper ones. As far a links try to find some take-offs from the rear of another Jeep or buy some that are the length or a bit shorter than your stock rear ones.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes ... you can expect sag ... especially with the bumper/winch and the ride to feel kind of sloppy.

Any of the spacers will work. I ran spacers on my 2DR JK w/ winch & bumper installed ... hated the ride w/ stock springs/spacer combo.

The other option is to get springs off a JKU ... can pick them up pretty cheap from folks that have lifted their jeeps (under $100). Look for the 18/60 tags (last two numbers on spring tags). To start you can swap on the front ones ... if you have 14s on the front, it will give around a 1.5" lift. Also, will give you a stiffer ride and better articulation.

On the extended swaybar links ... you probably don't need them with the little bit lift you're putting on. I have TeraFlex links ... don't like the design ... mainly how the zerks are installed. JKS makes a nice set ... put kind of pricey. Personally, I'd wait and buy them when/if you put in a larger lift.

All above INMHO of course.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:35 AM
JK Newbie

Default Coil Spacer Question

Originally Posted by nickcoleman
Yes ... you can expect sag ... especially with the bumper/winch and the ride to feel kind of sloppy.

Any of the spacers will work. I ran spacers on my 2DR JK w/ winch & bumper installed ... hated the ride w/ stock springs/spacer combo.

The other option is to get springs off a JKU ... can pick them up pretty cheap from folks that have lifted their jeeps (under $100). Look for the 18/60 tags (last two numbers on spring tags). To start you can swap on the front ones ... if you have 14s on the front, it will give around a 1.5" lift. Also, will give you a stiffer ride and better articulation.

On the extended swaybar links ... you probably don't need them with the little bit lift you're putting on. I have TeraFlex links ... don't like the design ... mainly how the zerks are installed. JKS makes a nice set ... put kind of pricey. Personally, I'd wait and buy them when/if you put in a larger lift.

All above INMHO of course.

Thanks for the great advice! I will look for JKU springs as suggested.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would go the spring route also but be sure you get them from a 4dr Rubicon (rubicons have diff. springs)
Old 11-12-2013, 08:53 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by jchappies
I would go the spring route also but be sure you get them from a 4dr Rubicon (rubicons have diff. springs)
no they don't. Rubicons have different shocks but not springs. do a search on this forum there are 100's of pages on this subject.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt

no they don't. Rubicons have different shocks but not springs. do a search on this forum there are 100's of pages on this subject.
My X springs were 14/54 bought some off a 4 door Rubicon that were 18/59 gave me right at 2" difference... id say that makes them different
Old 11-12-2013, 09:16 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by stagedtrip
My X springs were 14/54 bought some off a 4 door Rubicon that were 18/59 gave me right at 2" difference... id say that makes them different
you can have sport or saharas that come with 19/60 and you can have rubicons that come with 14/54. It is well documented that all models can come with any and every combination of coils and no combination is unique to rubicons except for the 10A edition had coils that was specific to the 10A. Do a search on this forum there are 100's of pages explaining it. Lots of pissed off people who bought rubicon springs thinking they were going to get lift only to find they were lower numbers then what was on their sports.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:19 AM
JK Jedi

here is a good start.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...uestion-85825/
Old 11-12-2013, 09:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt

you can have sport or saharas that come with 19/60 and you can have rubicons that come with 14/54. It is well documented that all models can come with any and every combination of coils and no combination is unique to rubicons except for the 10A edition had coils that was specific to the 10A. Do a search on this forum there are 100's of pages explaining it. Lots of pissed off people who bought rubicon springs thinking they were going to get lift only to find they were lower numbers then what was on their sports.
True, so rather look for Rubicon coils go off the numbers

Quick Reply: Coil Spacer Question