Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Coast Drive shafts

Old 12-29-2011, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Coast Drive shafts

Anybody running them on the front? Any feed back on them? Who are the dealers on here that sell them?
Old 12-29-2011, 01:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of people running them on this board. Very good product. Can't beat the free shipping through Northridge and I think they still have the 5% off until the 1st. Better hurry.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SergeantChuck
Lots of people running them on this board. Very good product. Can't beat the free shipping through Northridge and I think they still have the 5% off until the 1st. Better hurry.

X2, I just got both front and rear from Northridge 4X4. I couldn't be happier with em.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

What they said. I run front and rear with no problems for over a year now. Ordered from Northridge, and you get free shipping.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Easy to install?
Old 12-29-2011, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did ya'll go with the style with the same flange or did you go with the CV style I think it is called
Old 12-29-2011, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cervelo
Easy to install?
Very easy to install if you have the right tools. You do want an impact wrench, I don't care what anyone says - makes it much easier. Make sure you have a gear puller and the right sockets. Also, you want a torque wrench, you can rent one from any auto place. I had to go to the store 3 times just to find the right socket size.

I know the front and rear will need different sizes sockets from each other. I don't remember which one is what, but here are the three sizes I have in my bag - 1 1/8, 33mm, 1 1/4.

Maybe someone can help out with the right sizes. Other than that, I just used the project-jk write up and things went smooth.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cru9
Did ya'll go with the style with the same flange or did you go with the CV style I think it is called
You want the ones with the replacement yokes. The direct bolt-on ones are prone to vibrations.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got the front, never installed one before. It was easy. Get an impact gun! Helps with the install and makes taking the skid plates off and on easy too. Northridge is the place to get it.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:26 PM
JK Freak

Cool

Originally Posted by cru9
Anybody running them on the front? Any feed back on them? Who are the dealers on here that sell them?
Running a Coast front driveshaft, nice and smooth. Be sure to have a gear puller cause the flanges do not just "pop off" , not even close . Do go with Coast and new yokes and you'll be happy. Northridge will treat you right!

Quick Reply: Coast Drive shafts