Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

CO2 Tanks

Old 12-20-2009, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CO2 Tanks

Whats the best size CO2 tank to get? What accessories are good to have? Any feed back would be appreciated
Old 12-20-2009, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 15lb and although it fits in the back of my 2dr where I wanted it to and i also like the extra capacity of the 15lb if I had to do it over again I would have bought the 10lb. Looking back and the fact that I have a 2dr I would rather have the extra room than the extra 5lb of CO2.

Chris
Old 12-20-2009, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ytee
i have the 15lb and although it fits in the back of my 2dr where i wanted it to and i also like the extra capacity of the 15lb if i had to do it over again i would have bought the 10lb. Looking back and the fact that i have a 2dr i would rather have the extra room than the extra 5lb of co2.

Chris
thanks, i have the 4 door and although i am not to concerned about room at the time, i know that the back end can get filled up with "stuff" quick
Old 12-20-2009, 02:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run a 20# bottle. Less fills, space doesn't bother me. Just flip up my back seat and lay it in my cradle. I have a air hose, air chuck, 1/2" impact and 3/8" air ratchet I could run off it
Old 12-20-2009, 02:26 PM
JK Jedi

Iam very happy with my 10 pound Power Tank. It mounts on the roll bar, fills the 37s up 4 times and also has the power to run air tools. I may have to fill it up more often. But the out of the way mount and the set up is well worth it. But I again hit trails for days at a time. Many do not. Oh and it cost more. Well worth it in my opinion.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wildandwillin
Iam very happy with my 10 pound Power Tank. It mounts on the roll bar, fills the 37s up 4 times and also has the power to run air tools. I may have to fill it up more often. But the out of the way mount and the set up is well worth it. But I again hit trails for days at a time. Many do not. Oh and it cost more. Well worth it in my opinion.
Now that's some good info. What kind of mount did your use for your roll bar? GoodysGotaCuda's idea of the impact and ratchet are cool too!
Old 12-20-2009, 03:00 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Steel Rain
Now that's some good info. What kind of mount did your use for your roll bar? GoodysGotaCuda's idea of the impact and ratchet are cool too!
Here is where I got mine at. He also offers a 15 pound system

http://alphaexpedition.com/index.php...-products.html

Tell him Roger sent ya. may give you a break.

We always use impacts and also use it to reseat beads on the trail.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steel Rain
Thanks, Sears had a combo kit on black friday that I bought for those. Was a 1/2" craftsman impact (like 350ft/lb or so) and their air ratchet.. $30!!! Was a deal, so I just toss it in there for swapping spare tires, axles, whatever.

I just have this in the back of mine and strap it down. Very stable, never moves around. full 20# bottle weighs about 44lbs or so (aluminum). Costs about $20 for an exchange bottle, $50 regulator and I'm in business.

I actually used it as a "air source" while helping my father in law on his 1976 Dodge. Michicgan truck, replacing shocks. We would have never gotten those bolts out with his pancake compressor. Brought my $400 mac 1/2" impact (1,100ft/lb in reverse), hooked it to the bottle and gave it hell. Worked very well!
Old 12-20-2009, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default GoodysGotaCuda

And I bet the Suds at the end rocked as well too!
Old 12-20-2009, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wildandwillin
I hear you brother!! Powertank on the roll bar works for me too!

Quick Reply: CO2 Tanks