Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Clutch fan

Old 08-27-2010, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch fan

Hey everyone, Just got a new 2010 JK 2 door 6speed. Love it! Should have got one sooner. Owned a YJ years ago.. what a step forward ! After spending much time looking over every inch of this thing I have noticed the possibility of a clutch fan, ie. the water pump pulley has threads. Has anyone tried to mount one. Think of the electric fan going bad on the trail. just bolt up a clutch fan!
Old 08-29-2010, 02:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by richmotor
Hey everyone, Just got a new 2010 JK 2 door 6speed. Love it! Should have got one sooner. Owned a YJ years ago.. what a step forward ! After spending much time looking over every inch of this thing I have noticed the possibility of a clutch fan, ie. the water pump pulley has threads. Has anyone tried to mount one. Think of the electric fan going bad on the trail. just bolt up a clutch fan!
Yes, a lot of the newer vehicles are like that. I'd sure hate to have to carry around a fan assembly in my 2 door though. haha
Old 08-29-2010, 05:31 AM
JK Junkie

My fan very rarely even runs. I use grill inserts to keep the radiator fins a little cleaner, Water Wetter to lower my water temperature and a 180 degree thermostat in the summer. My fan on temperature is 200 degrees and I would guess that I would have a hard time getting it to kick on at all if it was set to the stock 215 degrees.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

OEM electric fans are very reliable & very efficient.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:27 PM
JK Junkie

People ditch the clutch for an electric setup and you want to go back to a clutch setup?
Old 08-29-2010, 08:13 PM
JK Newbie

I've seen a few JKs here that came with a few different things including a clutch fan, I believe they are Egyptian spec JKs since the lettering in the owners manuals and the visors are Egyptian, they have different front/rear bumpers, tail lamps and other things. I know your concern but the electric units are very effective, JMO.

Quick Reply: Clutch fan