Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

clutch engaging next to none

Old 06-05-2014, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OH9JK
OK sounds like you did a good job on the bleed. Only other things that come to mind are....you have wrong clutch disk, clutch disk is installed backwards, pressure plate is warped or the pilot bearing/bushing is binding up.
The clutch has about 8k miles on it and recently started doing this out of no where. I bought a new clutch kit so I'm crossing my fingers.

How can the pressure plate warp?

I haven't sunk my jeep in quite some time but whenever I did I never was on the pedal...
Old 06-06-2014, 02:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iLIKEitDIRTY
The clutch has about 8k miles on it and recently started doing this out of no where. I bought a new clutch kit so I'm crossing my fingers.

How can the pressure plate warp?

I haven't sunk my jeep in quite some time but whenever I did I never was on the pedal...
Pressure plate can warp from excessive heat caused by slipping the clutch (burning or riding) or from improper removal / installation.

Are you saying you changed the clutch 8k miles ago?
Old 06-06-2014, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Pressure plate can warp from excessive heat caused by slipping the clutch (burning or riding) or from improper removal / installation. Are you saying you changed the clutch 8k miles ago?

Yes roughly 8k miles ago. I changed the factory oem clutch to a stage 1 spec clutch. Clutch was great all this time then out of no where the shifting issue began.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess it is possible you got a bad part.

Unfortunately all of the possible issues are going to require you to drop the transmission in order to do a complete inspection.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I guess it is possible you got a bad part. Unfortunately all of the possible issues are going to require you to drop the transmission in order to do a complete inspection.
Yeah. I'll be dropping the transmission Monday. I have a new clutch kit coming. I really hope it'll solve my problems when I replace the clutch and flywheel with new parts
Old 12-02-2014, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did you fix your issue. Reason being I have same issue. Was acting exact same way.

Quick Reply: clutch engaging next to none