Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Clutch Advice

Old 11-13-2013, 07:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm on 37s with 5:38s and she's a beast
Old 11-13-2013, 08:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If i did go with a LUK kit, should i get different TOB? i hear a lot of talk about TOB and Pilot bearings going back after a few hundred miles. Does anyone have experience with the LUK TOB?
Old 11-13-2013, 09:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JKingAround
Luv my center force stage III. High RPMs don't always mean high speed when you crawl.
No argument there and I've nothing bad to say about the Centerforce line or the composition of their components. But the marketing plug of their line is the centrifugal weight design for more pressure applied under higher rpms also enabling less (softer pedal for the street) for lower rpms. That's really what differentiates them from the rest. It's a great clutch that works for those that have it, but I've had just as much success saving the money on applications that just aren't going to utilize that function. I've not looked lately for what's available but a high friction disc material at the sacrifice of engagement smoothness is always a consideration for crawling, race, etc. Maybe you'll find that advantage in the Centerforce line and others?

Last edited by fredrok; 11-13-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by F-asia
If i did go with a LUK kit, should i get different TOB? i hear a lot of talk about TOB and Pilot bearings going back after a few hundred miles. Does anyone have experience with the LUK TOB?
I used to seek out Federal bearings but hell, the way I understand it now is everything is made overseas anyway and it's a toss up. I'm sure someone else may have better info on that than I.

Quick Reply: Clutch Advice