Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

clunking noise ...

Old 09-10-2009, 03:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stangjeeper
Take a look on the passenger side rear just to the left of the tire where the bumpstop would hit the axle. there would be a shiny spot if the bolt is hitting it. also the trackbar could be rubbing on the spring, it will be in the same area. look for a shiny spot on the track bar or the passenger side rear coil.
My replacement rear trakbar is in the mail That noise was driving me nuts
Old 09-10-2009, 04:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wiredawg_mg
My replacement rear trakbar is in the mail That noise was driving me nuts
Mine got really bad when we were in Attica. It was driving me nuts. I was so happy when I put the bar on.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't even notice .... rear track bar. Problem solved... well as soon as i buy a new one. Thanks for the input guys
Old 09-14-2009, 05:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2007JeepJKGirl
Didn't even notice .... rear track bar. Problem solved... well as soon as i buy a new one. Thanks for the input guys
TF has their replacement rear track bar on clearence model TF 1754400 that will stop the issue with the trackbar rubbing the spring.

Talk to Joe at TF about it. for $129 it was a cheap and easy fix. The TB that is replaceing this model is the forged steel brute that will cost about $100 more.

Quick Reply: clunking noise ...