Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

(!) club

Old 08-05-2008, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did not make a drastic change of tire size, but I have no issues either. I am running 265/75-16 Nitto Terra AT's. Runnin great and sounding..... Well they have no sound they are very quiet. Good Luck though. JOE>
Old 08-05-2008, 12:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SDJK
No, I already had my tires and wheels on my trade and did not want to go through the trouble of installing the sensors-I really don't need something to tell me I have a low tire.

Well there's your issue then
I don't need something to tell me the tire is low either, but I also can't stand the ding...ding...ding
Old 08-05-2008, 01:16 PM
jpp
JK Enthusiast

I'm living with the "ding ding" for now. Bugs the crap out of me though. Not so much at the start up, but when you're driving down the road and the thing dings out of the blue for no particular reason.

I wish there was a way to turn that notification off. Hypertech??? It was $200 to have the sensors added from DTD when I bought the wheels. I cheaped out. So now I will probably have to spend close to the same amount to have the stock ones swapped in.. Can't win on these things... THIS is our government's solution to energy conservation???
Old 08-05-2008, 01:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Swapped my sensors into the new wheels. No troubles.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I switched out the tires and rims and kept the old ones with the sensors on them. Therefore I live with the (!) and really don't pay attention to it.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:45 PM
JK Newbie

Its grown on me, my 06 Tacoma had the TPMS to but you could reset it to your new pressure.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:51 PM
JK Freak

Ive got the ding and I love it.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:21 PM
JK Super Freak

i swapped in my tpms sensors. it is illegal to have any warning lights on on the dash here in RI when you get inspected. the machine plugs into the computer and knows if you have a problem. Anywho. I've heard of some people making a device to mount the 5 wheel sensors to some type of air box charged to 30psi to get rid of the warning on the dash. Just an option for those who don't want them in the wheels.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I swapped my sensors into my new wheels. The great thing is that the stock 32 inch rubicon muds required 37 PSI. The new 35 inch tires on the new wheels require 35 PSI. Only 2 lbs of air difference and the light does NOT come on. I like when I go off road the sensor actually tells me when I am aired down and when I air back up I have the confidence on the highway of the correct PSI.

Just my .02

Quick Reply: (!) club