Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

clicks, creaks, sqeaks, squeals, and chirps? Is your JK/JKU is having a seizure?

Old 06-21-2013, 02:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hair2831
lol! I know what ya mean. I have a rattle coming from underneath that I can't figure out either. Every time I hit a bump, it sounds like a piece of metal slapping against another piece of metal. Rat tat tat tat tat. I can really hear it good with the top and doors off. I thought it was my exhaust but I've gotten under the Jeep with a rubber mallet and tapped on every part I can see and can't duplicate the noise. I have no idea where it's coming from but would love to find it!!
'12 Sport 2 dr, RC 3.5" series II lift, 35" km2's, XRC8 winch, bumpers, etc...
Remember reading about XRC bumpers making contact with the right corner of tub, that is if you have XRC rear bumper. Something about the body spacer compressing and the two making contact over bumps.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally figured out what the rattle was!! It was my lower shock bolts on the rear. They were loose enough that when I went over a bump, the lower shock mount would move and bump against the metal part it bolts to. I checked all of my shock mounts and they could all use tightening. I was so happy when I took a test drive and didn't hear that rattle anymore! It literally made my week.

Quick Reply: clicks, creaks, sqeaks, squeals, and chirps? Is your JK/JKU is having a seizure?