Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

clicks, creaks, sqeaks, squeals, and chirps? Is your JK/JKU is having a seizure?

Old 06-20-2013, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clicks, creaks, sqeaks, squeals, and chirps? Is your JK/JKU is having a seizure?

this is it. finally.
a centralized thread for those noises we have all come to enjoy...daily...

i want anyone to post any noises they have had from any part of the jeeps. interior exterior, doors, suspension, seats. all of it.

i have an interior dash or frontal creak i get when i go over bumps or uneven surfaces. like right over bumps and CREAK, sounds like mulitple areas of the dash and rollbar.

i alo have a clicking from brakes or suspension. when i drive slowly, stop to start. and turning when barely rolling. brakign as well. click click click with every foot of rotation or so. stearing linkage as well.

neither have been diagnosed so where do i start. i cant find the originations of sounds for the life of me.

who else loves their JEEP!! no sarcasm as well, as i do love my jeep, but want to pinpoint the noises as i dont want it falling apart on me.

2012 jku sahara 2.5 lift(teraBB), bilstein5100, 4.5backspaced 35s.duratrac
Old 06-20-2013, 09:44 AM
JK Newbie

Just take the doors and top off!

Problem solved
Old 06-20-2013, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

lol! I know what ya mean. I have a rattle coming from underneath that I can't figure out either. Every time I hit a bump, it sounds like a piece of metal slapping against another piece of metal. Rat tat tat tat tat. I can really hear it good with the top and doors off. I thought it was my exhaust but I've gotten under the Jeep with a rubber mallet and tapped on every part I can see and can't duplicate the noise. I have no idea where it's coming from but would love to find it!!
'12 Sport 2 dr, RC 3.5" series II lift, 35" km2's, XRC8 winch, bumpers, etc...
Old 06-20-2013, 10:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had a squeaky waterpump when it was idling or driving at slow, offroad speeds straight from the factory on my 2013 JKU. Dealership replaced it for free under the warranty. I read about it on a few forums and took it in with it's second oil change. It sounds like it's coming from the bottom front of your engine behind the radiator. It's usually when the engine heats up.

The rattling noise may be from you sway bar links being loose. I hit some easier trails without disconnecting and it gets a little loose. Im guessing you and rock the body from side to side and get a good pop every once in a while. nothing a ratchet and an 18mm socket can't fix.

Wranglers do pop and creak alot, so seperating the bad from the normal Jeep thing is key.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

when the doors and top is off the sounds are amplified.

which means every friday im hearing an orchestra lol

not sway bars or loos bolts, ive retorqed every single bolt. it sounds like brakes when rolling, but when turning too, i hear it so whats up with that?
Old 06-20-2013, 10:53 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a creak in the front suspension and a squeal coming from the rear tire carrier.... O and a click in the steering too
Old 06-20-2013, 11:05 AM
JK Junkie

Creak-from rear only hitting bigger bumps. Most likely something with the e-brake.

Whistle-accelerating

Clutch pedal sounds like a old door

About it.... Jk is pretty quiet considering all the crap done to it.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

im gonna crawl under jeep and have a friend turn the stearing wheel.

i still dont understand the creaks coming from the dash.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

My front passenger seats creaks. But I don't even notice it. Other that that, I'm rattle free! (knock on wood)
Old 06-21-2013, 09:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jkjouster
i alo have a clicking from brakes or suspension. when i drive slowly, stop to start. and turning when barely rolling. brakign as well. click click click with every foot of rotation or so. stearing linkage as well.

2012 jku sahara 2.5 lift(teraBB), bilstein5100, 4.5backspaced 35s.duratrac
I use to have a click,click noise when I would go around bends. The little dust shield around my brake was bent and when i would turn it rubbed. bend it the other way the noise stopped

Quick Reply: clicks, creaks, sqeaks, squeals, and chirps? Is your JK/JKU is having a seizure?