Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

And the clicking sound is...

Old 12-29-2015, 08:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The CV style joint is called a a RZeppa named after the engineer who designed it. On my 08 I have these on both outputs of my transfer case.

Yes a 2.5" BB increases the angle, usually the front. I have an auto and a JKU. With my TF level kit I did notice some grease that flew out, not much. Replaced that lift with a AEV 2.5, noted a bit more grease but all is well.

It's possible the rubber boot on the RZeppa joint failed, or was damaged. In either case this will allow grease to fling out, and the ingress of water and dirt.

There are rebuild kits of this RZeppa joint available. Search the forum here for the noise, I recall a member had stuck a go pro under his jeep and went for a drive.....the sound is very tell tale

Good luck

Quick Reply: And the clicking sound is...