Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

clickin underneath after lift install

Old 06-16-2011, 07:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clickin underneath after lift install

Okay pros, help me please. I have a 2010 jk 4door mtn edition with less than 5k on it. some time ago, i bought a 2" lift kit (6 pieces of rubber, no shocks) and had a local garage install it for me, when they put on the new wheels (same tires). I now have a "clicking" sound coming from underneath, mainly the front end of the jeep, when I hit bumps,.. going straight or turning does not make a difference. It is not a heavy sound, and does not seem to affect the drivability, it just makes my pretty little jeep sound like a piece of crap, and it seems to be getting worse as time goes by. I have also noticed, on the highway, that I get considerably more shimmy, starting at around 65, and quite a bit of random "chucking" like there is not enough play in my shocks now. I've been underneath, jiggling things around and I can't find anything loose, but I am far from being a mechanic, and there really is no one else in this small town qualified to check it for me. I would take it back to the garage that did it, but I'm afraid if they work on it again, the next time, a wheel may fall off or something. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I don't do a lot of heavy work on my jeep, but I'm not totally inept, or opposed to learning something new. thanks in advance, all.

Quick Reply: clickin underneath after lift install