Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Clear Fluid Leaking

Old 10-29-2015, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
If the fluid is clear with no scent, then it is blinker fluid. Most trucks run the blinker fluid lines above the transmission to the rear. Had it been darker in color, and opposite side, I'd be nearly certain it was the result of cracking the muffler bearing lubrication line. Have your neighbor keep an ear out for the sound of loose change in his muffler. Just in case that line was somehow damaged.
I agree. Its most likely a crack in the blinker fluid line or it could be the exhaust manifold bearings are bad and their leaking water. Either ways its a very pricey fix.

Last edited by GreatWhite JK; 10-29-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Hahaha! Nice guys!

I would say it is the AC drip (normal) and the OP over worked the clutch a bit.

I cooked mine pretty good the first or second month I had it trying to back a camper trailer into a very tight garage at an angle uphill. Just be nice to it for a while and see how it drives, most likely you will be ok, might have shortened the clutches life a tiny bit, but if it isn't all spongy, and isn't slipping you are good to go.

Happy Jeeping!
Old 10-29-2015, 08:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice try

Last edited by jonnyb19; 10-29-2015 at 08:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Clear Fluid Leaking