Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Clayton's 3.5" premium lift kit vs. Rusty's Offroad 3.25" advanced lift kit?

Old 12-20-2010, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Claytons long arm kit on my ZJ and it is indestructable. The arms are overbuilt. They would be good for a heavy one ton truck. You won't be disappointed with his kit. Call him and have a visit. He's a great guy and will answer any questions.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:29 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Xavier
I am in the same boat .. I have a 2010 unlim s auto and according to Rustys you dont need to replace the driveshaft but I have not been able to find a definate answer on that ..it was just what I seen on tv lol ...

I want a 3.5 lift but not ready to spend the extra 1000$ on driveshafts
Here is a definate answer.

The rear drivehshaft is fine. The issue is with the front. On an Auto the large diameter OEM driveshaft will contact the side of the transmission pan. This will rip the plastic boot, and will also cause minor damage to the pan. We HIGHLY recommend it, but even on our JK we waited a while.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._4392044_n.jpg

Sorry not a great picture, but you can see the boot is gone, and the driveshaft grinds into the transmission pan. Something you should fix sooner then later.

Also you can see after 3 years of use the OEM boot rips and will ultimately cause an issue.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._2723557_n.jpg

I still have the stock rear one.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Adam
Clayton Off Road Mfg.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Xavier
I am in the same boat .. I have a 2010 unlim s auto and according to Rustys you dont need to replace the driveshaft but I have not been able to find a definate answer on that ..it was just what I seen on tv lol ...

I want a 3.5 lift but not ready to spend the extra 1000$ on driveshafts
Don't worry about the rear one. Yes an aftermarket one is stronger, but most likely the OEM will be strong enough. Im running 37s with the stock one, no issues yet.

On a 2 dr a rear one will be needed due to angles which leads to vibrations. (3+ inches of lift)

We get front ones from Tom Woods custom driveshafts which are $449 with Free shipping. Highly recommended, but can be done down the road. *** Read above post for driveshaft details.

Adam
Clayton Off Road Mfg.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Clayton Off Road Mfg.
Hello.

A lot of good information above.

From what I can see our kit is the most complete. The premium kit comes with 8 fully adjustable arms which carry a lifetime warranty against bending or breaking. Adjustable front trackbar, HD rear trackbar bracket, stainless steel brakelines, swyabr links, discos, bumpstops and coils.

Shocks are optional because this gives you a choice. We really like the way the Bislteins work, and now also offer their new 5160 remote reservoir shock.

Normally I would say come down for a test drive in our JK, but I blew up the front spider gears in the D30. But it will be back together shortly, and then testing out the new bilstein shocks.

Please feel free to call our shop, send us an email, or stop by and we can show you around the shop and some of our products.

Adam
Clayton Off Road Mfg.
Hey Adam, we have emailed each other a couple of time recently I said I would rather talk over the phone. I have been meaning to give you a call but things have been real busy with work and getting ready for the holidays. I would love to just swing by the shop and chat with you guys about some things but I am in the military stationed at Ft. Drum, NY. Any ways I will call you at least with some questions. Also when I am ready to make the upgrade I would want you guys do do the install. You guys doing it probably about 4-5 hours, me and my beer drinking friends a weekend.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Crasher
I have Claytons long arm kit on my ZJ and it is indestructable. The arms are overbuilt. They would be good for a heavy one ton truck. You won't be disappointed with his kit. Call him and have a visit. He's a great guy and will answer any questions.
Thanks.

Please feel free to email us, call, stop by. We are here to help and answer your questions.

All JK kits are on sale with FREE shipping.

All JK products.

http://claytonoffroad.com/index.php/cPath/15

Lift kits on sale 10% off + FREE shipping

http://claytonoffroad.com/index.php/cPath/15_22

Adam
Clayton Off Road Mfg.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

love my rusty's no sag on my two door, works great off road also, for the price it can't be beat...
Old 12-20-2010, 07:07 PM
JK Super Freak

The main difference is the lower arms. I have Rusty's LCA's front and rear and they do not compare to Clayton arms. Clayton's are much beefier. If I had the extra cash, Clayton hands down. I personally compared their arms at the Great American Jeep Rally this past fall. Big difference.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:11 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by DitosDad
Hey Adam, we have emailed each other a couple of time recently I said I would rather talk over the phone. I have been meaning to give you a call but things have been real busy with work and getting ready for the holidays. I would love to just swing by the shop and chat with you guys about some things but I am in the military stationed at Ft. Drum, NY. Any ways I will call you at least with some questions. Also when I am ready to make the upgrade I would want you guys do do the install. You guys doing it probably about 4-5 hours, me and my beer drinking friends a weekend.
Its a solid day project even for us. There are a lot of things to change, nothing complicated, but some things you just don't rush. Quality parts, quality install means no problems ever. Call us, we are always happy to talk Jeep. (203) 757-0339

Adam
Clayton Off Road Mfg.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 4.5" Clayton lift on my 4dr and it is GREAT! No problems at all. I live about a mile from their shop and whenever I stop in Adam is always willing to take time out of his day to answer questions or to just show me around the shop. I'm waiting for them to come out with a long arm so I can convert.

Quick Reply: Clayton's 3.5" premium lift kit vs. Rusty's Offroad 3.25" advanced lift kit?