Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Clayton 3.5 coils or Eibach 3.5 coils?

Old 03-18-2015, 03:27 PM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubi-josh
In the end it came down to searching this and other jeep forum (sorry guys, just want as much info as possible before pulling the trigger lol) for reviews and final actual ride height with a loaded JK like mine. Don't worry RK, I assume all responsibility for my Franken-lift. Just happy to have a better quality coil. Now the hard part... Counting days till delivery.
We apologize ahead of time haha, this is definitely our busy season and we have a ton of orders in the shop!

RK
Old 03-26-2015, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an update.... Called Quadratec wondering where my coils were that I ordered a week and half ago. They informed me that there was a strike at the plant in Crap-afornia and it would be another 3-4 weeks before my coils would be shipped... They also let me know I could cancel my order anytime before the coils are shipped. It would have been nice to know that when I ordered them that it might be a month and a half before they are shipped. So kinda wondering what to do now. Patience is not my virtue.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well I ended up canceling my order through quadratec after talking to Northridge 4x4. They had them in stock, shipped them Monday and they should be here tomorrow. Still stayed with the Rock Krawler 3.5 Triple rate coils. Also picked up some Bilstein 5100 to go with them!
Old 04-06-2015, 04:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Install TOMORROW!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lev coil.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	605084   Click image for larger version

Name:	rear coil length.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	605085   Click image for larger version

Name:	shocks.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	605086   Click image for larger version

Name:	lev with lift.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	605087  
Old 04-09-2015, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got the new RK 3.5 coils on with Bilstein 5100's. Extremely happy with the ride! Got the height back I wanted and leveled it out nicely, even with the heavy bumpers, winch and spare. I didn't know how bad my Zone shocks really were until we got them off. They wouldn't expand once you pushed them in (very easily) and one of the rears you could not even pull it back out! The new shocks and coils aren't bouncy or loud and squeaky like what I had gotten used to.

So here are some before and afters.

Name:	before.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	605518   Click image for larger version

Name:	after.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	605519  
Old 04-09-2015, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Front before and after

Name:	Front wheel gap.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	605520   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front after.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	605522  
Old 04-09-2015, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

rear before and after

Name:	Rear wheel gap.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	605524   Click image for larger version

Name:	rear after.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	605525  
Old 04-09-2015, 05:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great! I have the older progressive RK 3.5" coils and they are still holding up great after almost 3 years. The problem you get when people ask about sagging coils is a lot of people will respond with "I have XX brand on mine and no sagging at all". Then you find out they installed them a few months ago. You really need to find people who have had the same coils on for a longer time...years even.. The zone lifts were a great and cheap option for people until they found out that they tend to sag over time. Sagging usually took a year+ and it was bad. Glad you upgraded. Now go wheel it!
Old 04-09-2015, 06:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mpkelley20
Looks great! I have the older progressive RK 3.5" coils and they are still holding up great after almost 3 years. The problem you get when people ask about sagging coils is a lot of people will respond with "I have XX brand on mine and no sagging at all". Then you find out they installed them a few months ago. You really need to find people who have had the same coils on for a longer time...years even.. The zone lifts were a great and cheap option for people until they found out that they tend to sag over time. Sagging usually took a year+ and it was bad. Glad you upgraded. Now go wheel it!
Or they do not have bumpers, winch, spare, armor... I could not imagine how this thing would be sitting with stock bumpers! It would probably be too tall, even though it already is for my kids and wife. lol
Old 04-09-2015, 06:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rubi-josh
Or they do not have bumpers, winch, spare, armor... I could not imagine how this thing would be sitting with stock bumpers! It would probably be too tall, even though it already is for my kids and wife. lol
yeah...very possible!

My coils are the "progressive" ones sold a few years ago. the fronts have 3 or 4 tightly wound coils near the top which are almost completely compressed on mine with my bumper and winch. One of my buddies had a two door with stock front bumper and put the 2.5" coils on his and those same wraps were still spaced apart quite a bit. No compression at all. He actually sat higher on his 2.5" lift 2 door than my 3.5" 4 door. But he also had a reverse rake since those coils really need a heavier front end. RK did a good job building those and I hear the newer triple rate are even better. enjoy!

Quick Reply: Clayton 3.5 coils or Eibach 3.5 coils?