Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Clayton 3.5 coils or Eibach 3.5 coils?

Old 02-05-2015, 02:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PET77
How or where would you order them, since they are not listed in any of the online shops/catalogues separately...?
e.g.:
Eibach 2897.980 All-Terrain Lift Kit by Eibach
Link -
Amazon.com: Eibach 2897.980 All-Terrain Lift Kit: Automotive

Last edited by GJeep; 02-05-2015 at 02:50 AM.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you checked the thread properly you would notice the disscussion here is about the springs only. The no. for the whole lift kit is clear, the coil numbering however isnt...
Old 02-05-2015, 04:08 AM
RC3
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You just did:-)

Btw. you sure bout the front no.? The rear coil no. does correspond to what i got from Eibach, but the front one? Thats not even in line with Eibach part labeling format (4digits.3digits), huh...

Would you happen to have some kind of install instructions, where there the part nos. are usually listed, or have you read the number of your coils?
I agree the front number doesn't match anything or even follow Eibach's coding format. I can't explain it, but those are the numbers on my springs.

I did find the instruction sheet and it lists the spring numbers, although different from what is actually on my Jeep.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150205_060825.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	595414
Old 02-05-2015, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

But that just what I have been looking for - thank you. The numbers introduced in that sheet do match the numbers i got. Based on these I should be able to order the springs i require separately:-)

Nonetheless I would still like to know, what kind of springs are the ones that are beeing offered by some companies on the web as "Eibach 3.5 spring set":-)
Old 02-06-2015, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

But that just what I have been looking for - thank you. The numbers introduced in that sheet do match the numbers i got. Based on these I should be able to order the springs i require separately:-)

Nonetheless I would still like to know, what kind of springs are the ones that are beeing offered by some companies on the web as "Eibach 3.5 spring set":-)
Me too. I would hate to buy those and then the 3.5 is for a 2 door and is only a 2.5 on a stock 4 door... then you add bumpers, winch and full spare and you are in a world of hurt.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know this thread is old but I ended up going with Rock Krawler triple rate coils after doing some research. Clayton seemed good too but I got a good deal on the rock krawlers. I know this thread turned into an Eibach serial number nightmare, which kinda turned me away from them. Just thought I would post what was chosen, thanks for all the info and help guys.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well,are they good,better or worse?
Old 03-16-2015, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just ordered them, be here in a few days. I will take pictures and measurements before and after. I will post them for all to see and we can all decide on stance. I will let yall know about the ride. To be honest, I don't think it will be hard to be an improvement to what I am running now.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:06 PM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubi-josh
Just ordered them, be here in a few days. I will take pictures and measurements before and after. I will post them for all to see and we can all decide on stance. I will let yall know about the ride. To be honest, I don't think it will be hard to be an improvement to what I am running now.
Thanks, Great choice! You will like the on road ride quality that they give you. Also you won't have any sagging or settling issues due to added weight.

RK
Old 03-17-2015, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Thanks, Great choice! You will like the on road ride quality that they give you. Also you won't have any sagging or settling issues due to added weight.

RK
In the end it came down to searching this and other jeep forum (sorry guys, just want as much info as possible before pulling the trigger lol) for reviews and final actual ride height with a loaded JK like mine. Don't worry RK, I assume all responsibility for my Franken-lift. Just happy to have a better quality coil. Now the hard part... Counting days till delivery.

Quick Reply: Clayton 3.5 coils or Eibach 3.5 coils?