Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Clanking boise in front end after lifting

Old 06-12-2015, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So 1 year ago I put a terraflex 2.5 lift kit and rancho 9000xl shocks on my rig. Also rideing on 35s, ever since I did the work the front end would make a banging sound when I hit a cluster of pot holes or bumps in the road. I made sure everything is tight can't seem to find the problem. Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by KnappsJKU; 06-12-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same thing happen to mine when I installed the same lift. My fix was just to go through all the bolts and check torque, I think it came from the control arms, if you torque them while they're drooped they will bind up, so while the jeep is on level ground just crawl under, loosen all the control arm bolts but don't take them completely out. Shake the jeep around to make sure they're unbound and re torque them

I did this with control arms, track bar, shocks, and sway bar links and it fixed it. The shocks were noticeably bound up so it may be those also. If that doesn't fix it I would check tie rod ends and ball joints, and make sure the springs are sitting in the perches correctly in the notches

Quick Reply: Clanking boise in front end after lifting