Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

clank or pop when I start moving from a stop.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a similar problem but its everyonce and a while. I did have a loose tracbar bracket. I tightened it up and it seems to help but I still get it from time to time so I think something else is loose.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same noise. Check your rear sway bar bushings. I have the TF bb. They sell replacement bushings.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default rear clank noise

Anyone have any other info or idea's on this? I just got my 07 sahara about a month ago and right before I left Ohio to drive to Fl it started making a clank noise in the rear sometimes after driving for a while. It didnt do it for about 5 days after the drive down and now has started again. Never heard it in reverse only when taking of from a stop in first....
Old 08-09-2012, 02:11 PM
JK Freak

Sway bar? Mine was loose made same noise on my 2011
Old 08-12-2012, 05:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Same problem after Teraflex 2.5 coil lift and JKS disco. Looking at it again today, from I saw and heard yesterday I believe it is my swaybar knocking on my coil. Will post later after I get into it today.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leaky10
Same problem after Teraflex 2.5 coil lift and JKS disco. Looking at it again today, from I saw and heard yesterday I believe it is my swaybar knocking on my coil. Will post later after I get into it today.
Update: disconnected the swaybar and sure enough the clank/pop is gone. Looks like I just need to adjust the angle and I should be good to go.

Quick Reply: clank or pop when I start moving from a stop.