Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Chromoly shafts for rear- what brand?

Old 12-03-2013, 07:40 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
The ARB air locker is going in at the same time to match I assume.
they have to match spline count so youll wanna make sure. 35 spline will be alot stronger. You have a rubi or non?
Old 12-03-2013, 08:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz

they have to match spline count so youll wanna make sure. 35 spline will be alot stronger. You have a rubi or non?
09 X JKU ..... PR44 upfront RCV's etc
Now I'm looking at strengthening the rear 44 a bit just bought 37" MTR's I know a PR60 is at least a few years away.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone..... We seriously get bent over all the time up here in Canada :(

We most certainly do lol.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:20 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Curious tho if I'm looking at 35 spline Yukon is that going to be more $$$$$$
The info I posted was for 30 spline. Haven't seen pricing on yukons 35 spline shafts, but here is what Quadratec lists for G2's.

G2 rear 30sp shafts - $295 for the pair.
G2 rear 35sp shafts - $600 for the pair.

So $800 for yukon 35sp, after labor for bearings/studs/cutting and the currency difference between US and Canada, sure.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:02 AM
JK Freak

Got prices today for yukon 30 spline and alloy USA

Shop said he prefers installing alloy USA because they come as more complete kits and no cutting.

Alloy USA- $645
Yukon - $675

This doesn't include labour. I checked another shop and they don't sell yukon but their alloy USA is up at $699 so $645 for 30spline alloy USA in Toronto Canada is considered reasonable pricing.

That being said, yukon has a limited lifetime warranty. Alloy USA has a 10 year warranty.

Wondering what northridge 4x4 up in Canada would have for pricing on alloy USA. I may call them just for the hell of it.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:05 AM
JK Jedi

i take it you dont want to consider the ten factories? also installing these is a breeze, and if you do it yourself youll know how to throw your stock spares in on the trail if you have to. Itd save a ton on labor if i had to guess and would prolly only take and hour or 2..

edit: nevermind i forgot there doing your locker and stuff to...
Old 12-03-2013, 11:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeepwave
Got prices today for yukon 30 spline and alloy USA

Shop said he prefers installing alloy USA because they come as more complete kits and no cutting.

Alloy USA- $645
Yukon - $675

This doesn't include labour. I checked another shop and they don't sell yukon but their alloy USA is up at $699 so $645 for 30spline alloy USA in Toronto Canada is considered reasonable pricing.

That being said, yukon has a limited lifetime warranty. Alloy USA has a 10 year warranty.

Wondering what northridge 4x4 up in Canada would have for pricing on alloy USA. I may call them just for the hell of it.
My rear chromo shafts are made by Foote. Got them from Stan at Northridge couple years back for around 600 I believe , with tone ring and bearings pressed on. 10 yr warranty. Not sure if it's true but I heard Foote makes a lot of the competitors shafts in their factory. Front shafts are 10 factory also from Northridge. They were 750.00 I think.

Sent from my super cool Note

Last edited by Biggy; 12-03-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:29 AM
JK Freak

Just got off the phone with northridge...

They stock ten factory. I bluntly asked why not alloy USA and the answer I got (besides the honest relationship you'd expect is the main reason) is warranty.

Alloy USA and ten factory have the same warranty (10 years) but with alloy USA you have to send your shaft in

With ten factory all they need is a photo

Alloy USA- $645
Ten factory- $459
Old 12-03-2013, 11:35 AM
JK Jedi

not sure if alloy warranties the flanges though...
Old 12-03-2013, 11:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeepwave
Just got off the phone with northridge...

They stock ten factory. I bluntly asked why not alloy USA and the answer I got (besides the honest relationship you'd expect is the main reason) is warranty.

Alloy USA and ten factory have the same warranty (10 years) but with alloy USA you have to send your shaft in

With ten factory all they need is a photo

Alloy USA- $645
Ten factory- $459
Is that with tone rings and bearings pressed on. If so seems like a good price for up here..My shafts were more due to higher spline count I guess.

Sent from my super cool Note 3

Quick Reply: Chromoly shafts for rear- what brand?