Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Chopped fender flairs

Old 10-10-2012, 07:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chopped fender flairs

Is it a huge deal if i dont replace the inner fender after i ut the flairs?
Old 10-10-2012, 07:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It shouldnt be a big deal but if.I were u I would just trim the inner fenders too and drill 2 holes in the inner fender close to the body mount behind the front fenders and take zipties to attach it to the inner fender and around the body mount. That's what I did to keep some rock and mud from hitting the side of the engine. I just removed the rear inner fenders completely
Old 10-10-2012, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default inner fenders

i ran without the inners on my last jku for 2 yrs. i had no adverse effects. maybe a slight niose from the wind running under some of the sound panels
Old 10-10-2012, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

It is not a big deal no. But to be safe, I would trim the inner fenders and reinstall them. They are going to protect your engine parts and pieces from random flyers.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish I would have kept mine, it's a little cleaner look IMHO. I have had no real ill effects yet, however the mag chloride they use here on the roads is supposed to be bad for electronics and I always have a little worry in the back of my mind.

And because I am a total pic whore, here is an example pic. I would rather not have seen all the engine components above my front tire.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:29 AM
JK Super Freak

No problems if you dont run them, I actually really like the way it looks too. As for people that worry about the engine getting really dirty, well I guess that is a possibilty, but I clean my rig pretty regularly.

You can't even tell my jeep went from this state of being dirty

Back to this state of cleanliness

Quick Reply: Chopped fender flairs