Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Chopped Factory Fenders!

Old 01-14-2012, 09:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jaker t5
Chopped with a full width bumper

I'm like this setup! Way cool. I like how the clean lines of your chopped fenders flow into the Rampage Recovery front bumper, but was interested in how structurally strong the fenders are. When driving into some headwind, do they bow down? Having the front portion of the fender still intact would provide some resistance against the wind. With the sides of the fenders cut off, I don't see anything that could support it and would lead me to believe it would bow inward in the corner that ends in a triangle as you're driving at 60mph.
I want to do this to mine but afraid my painted fenders would produce cracks in the paint from bending at speed.

Does this sound crazy talk? :confused:

Last edited by dobl_D; 01-14-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still have my fender liners installed and there is a real thick piece of plastic that the flares attech to I cut those also so they support the flares good , I do 80 on the freeway and have not have a problem at all , so just do it

Quick Reply: Chopped Factory Fenders!