Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Choosing a body lift

Old 11-03-2010, 06:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I spent some time looking at my Jeep and at body lifts on-line and I think everything is a bit clearer to me now. The M.O.R.E. and PA just add the puck on top of the existing mounts and use an extra long bolt to hold everything together. The Daystar and Rough Country body lifts have spacers that nest into the factory body mounts and use two longer bolts (or stud extenders for the Daystar) on each mount.

From a mechanical and ease of installation point of view, the Daystar and R/C lifts would seem to be better. The R/C is about half the price of the Daystar and offers the same advantages minus the extra ease of installation. It also comes with the bumper brackets but I don't need those since I'm installing a new bumper with closeout plate. Obviously, the R/C lift gives you an extra 1/4" for whatever that's worth.

With all that in mind, I think I'm going with the Rough Country lift. I like the price and I like the design.

Thanks again for all the helpful comments!
Old 11-04-2010, 01:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the M.O.R.E., No compliants. Easy to install.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:21 AM
JK Freak

i bought my M.O.R.E. off of a forum member and had no installation issues, even without instructions. far less work than the 3" b.l. i had on my old dodge, but that was due to the height rather than the manufacturer. i've installed PA and M.O.R.E. and both are quality kits and i would confidently recommend either in a heartbeat. i have no experience with the other choices so i really can't say anything 1 way or the other
Old 11-12-2010, 03:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just installed the Rough Country 1.25" body lift. I was very impressed with the quality and the price. I imagine it took a little longer to install versus the Daystar lift but I'm happy with the $100 I save. In addition, I prefer the longer bolts over the stud extenders that Daystar uses.

I'm even more convinced now than I was before about the structural advantage of this body lift over the puck (M.O.R.E. and PA) type. There is much more contact area. It might not make a difference in the real world but there was no downside either.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

I installed the RC 1.25" BL today. The install was smooth and painless.

I have a manual, taking out the inner shift boot and shifter shaft were harder than the body lift itself!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3193305273.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	101957  
Old 11-13-2010, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by WindMeUp
I installed the RC 1.25" BL today. The install was smooth and painless.

I have a manual, taking out the inner shift boot and shifter shaft were harder than the body lift itself!
How did the manual shift extension work out for you?
Old 11-13-2010, 07:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bigbo076
How did the manual shift extension work out for you?
It worked out great. Installing it was a pain, but I'm a lot more comfortable with the extension than the idea of cutting the inner boot.

I know a lot of people seem to have issues with RC quality, but the kit seems well designed and made.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:44 AM
JK Freak

I have the RC and it wasn't bad to install. Taking out the studs was easy with a vice. I really didn't need it but I got it for a good price, so what the heck through it in. I made my own bumper relocate brackets. Looks stock.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:47 PM
JK Freak

Default before and after pics

before and after pics would have been nice. anyone have them?
Old 11-23-2010, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by WindMeUp
It worked out great. Installing it was a pain, but I'm a lot more comfortable with the extension than the idea of cutting the inner boot.

I know a lot of people seem to have issues with RC quality, but the kit seems well designed and made.

i have a manual also and am looking into a RC 3.5 lift... but im pretty new and am not sure what extension your talking about??? what should i know

Quick Reply: Choosing a body lift