Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Choosing an on-board air system..

Old 12-16-2011, 02:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One point I have learned is "fast" is entirely relative.

The only way to determine what will be fast enough is to try it myself.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

What is the fill time like with the on board arb compressor? It wouldn't be for tires bigger than 35s

Last edited by antonioso; 12-17-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:48 PM
JK Newbie

well, this isnt what i expected to put for a first post here but i stumbled on the thread...

If you get a mid-range pump and decide you wish it was a little faster for filling tires, instead of starting over with a new pump, you can make tire filling seem faster by adding an air tank.
you just need the tank, a pressure switch, and a safety valve to add to your existing pump.

of course this doesnt make it pump more air.. but by starting with a reserve of high pressure air, the first two tires fill much faster, and it can cut the time in half, depending on tank size and starting pressure.

all that said.. i love air tools, and im kinda DIY, so the only solution for me is a York engine driven setup. the only reason i stumbled on this thread is ideas on how guys have fitted Yorks on their JKs....
Old 12-17-2011, 05:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks Dude and welcome!!

Do a search for "$100 York" project. If I find the link I'll post it here.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jcole
That viair is rated at 3cfm @ 0 psi. The Warn compressors do 6cfm @ 90psi up to 8cfm @ 90psi depending on model. Basically they flow double the air when under 6 times the pressure.
Are you speaking of the Powerplant or a stand alone compressor? If stand alone, which one? Got a link?
thanks much.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

For Christmas my wife got me the ARB high output compressor and kit complete with hoses and mounting bracket from Northridge. He sells it as a complete kit for a great price! Still haven't installed mine yet, but it looks simple.

Quick Reply: Choosing an on-board air system..