Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Checking components at full droop.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How do you know the shock was fully extended? I can't imagine being fully extended with a wheel on the ground. While the bump will stop the uptravel, the shock has to reach it's fully extended length (need endlinks disco'd?) for full droop unless you have limit straps. But like you said, I too could be wrong though. I'm just guessing really.

Last edited by 14Sport; 03-23-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:28 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by 14Sport
How do you know the shock was fully extended? I can't imagine being fully extended with a wheel on the ground. While the bump will stop the uptravel, the shock has to reach it's fully extended length (need endlinks disco'd?) for full droop unless you have limit straps. But like you said, I too could be wrong though. I'm just guessing really.
I measured it. I measured shock off the jeep when I got it and the extended length was 27.2" and that is what it was extended to when I was on the ramp. I was disconnected electronically.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ah. Gotcha. Still think it has to be suspended though.

Last edited by 14Sport; 03-23-2015 at 12:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Checking components at full droop.