Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Check out what this clown did...

Old 11-15-2009, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Monty-
to recap; bad control arm bushings and wallowed out lug holes in the wheels were the cause of your DW problems? did you get new bushings for the CA's already?
Bad control arm bushings and wallowed out lug holes in the wheels are what I SUSPECT to be major contributors. I have NOT been able to replace either yet.

Wheels on order, bushings supposed to be. CA company has not charged my card yet, so can't say they placed the order. Checking with them again on Monday.

ALSO, I have ordered a front trackbar brace to weld on to sleeved and gusseted axles with heavier wheels. The stock mount may be a weak link, which was weakend even more by the mods I did to the axle, thereby POSSIBLY contributing to DW also.

Last edited by JeepyJeep; 11-15-2009 at 08:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Check out what this clown did...