Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Check engine light

Old 05-31-2009, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check engine light

On my way to town today to get a few things and my check engine light comes on. It stayed on after i walmart all the way home. My esp has been on all day as well. Friday night i installed my new teraflex front lower control arms. Drove a little yesterday to check out the new feel of the jeep. Everything felt good and drove fine except esp stayed on the entire time. I have had the esp come on every once in awhile since the lift and tires now it is always on and my check engine light is on. The only thing different i have done recently is the control arms so im not sure what the problem is. I know the esp does its won thing after lift and tires but i am concerned about the check engine light. I dont know what the c arms would have to do with it but thats all that i have done to my jeep recently. Jk still seems to be driving fine and i checked things under the hood and dont notice any problems. Anyone have an idea about this or had your check engine light come on?
Old 05-31-2009, 01:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...what-they-mean

check your code yourself, it has nothing to do with the control arms
Old 05-31-2009, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I turned the key from off to on 3 times and it just said done. I tryed it a few times and still just got the -done- so what is that?
Old 05-31-2009, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

i read that write-up you linked thanks. it reads done on the dash without showing any codes for me to check. my check engine light is still on so im guessing their must still be a problem it just isnt giving me a code for it?
Old 05-31-2009, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tkob1060
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...what-they-mean

check your code yourself, it has nothing to do with the control arms
YOUR information is teriffic.

Since joining the JK-Forum, I had begun making a BRAIN book with everyones formulas, fixes, NEW products, and more.

I hope everyone takes advantage of the wealth of Info.

THANKS......
Old 05-31-2009, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Check you Wheel sensor wires, sometimes they are the problem! They are located on the inside of each of your wheels. Just follow the wire....
Old 05-31-2009, 06:26 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unhook your neg of the battery fo 10min. and let the computer reset. I've done this a couple times with the check eng light and no codes
Old 06-01-2009, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

i unhooked the negative battery terminal for ten minutes and then put it back on. the check engine light is off now. i am still wondering why it came on in the first place though. i hate seeing that damn light on! always makes me think i have screwed something up
Old 06-01-2009, 10:29 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It could just a hiccup in the system or a sesor got something on it. If your not pulling any codes and the light stays off, you should be good to go. If the light keeps coming back on, and you start getting codes, then you know you have a prob. Dealer would do the same thing if they didn't get a code.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

at about 2k miles my check engine light came on and 15k miles later its still on. been to 3 different dealers all to tell me the same thing they have no idea what it is and just keep driving it. check the fluids and if its not making any noise and drives well ignore the light. o ya about 3k miles about i hydro locked my engine and after getting it replaced the check engine light is still on

Quick Reply: Check engine light