Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cheapest way to running 35x12.50's??

Old 08-22-2012, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheapest way to running 35x12.50's??

With only 3 months under my belt as a Jeep owner, I'm quickly finding out that it could be awhile before I can start building up my '12 JK Sport the way I'd like. My question is (without cutting fenders) what is the cheapest way I can run 35x12.50's without having any rubbing issues, or any other issues for that matter, before I can save up for a suspension lift? I'd like to try and save my stock flares until I can save up for flat flares, but i realize cutting may have to occur. I'm just wondering if there is any other way of running these tires without wasting a few hundred bucks on something that will be replaced a year or two down the road. Oh...the wheels are ProComp 16x8's with a 4.5" backspacing. All suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Sounds like my exact same set-up! However, I have a 3" lift.

I think the best thing would be just save up until you're ready. I'm not sure how to fit those under the JK while stock, maybe someone else does know. My best advise is wait until you do it all. Good things come to those who wait.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:55 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by VolsJeep
With only 3 months under my belt as a Jeep owner, I'm quickly finding out that it could be awhile before I can start building up my '12 JK Sport the way I'd like. My question is (without cutting fenders) what is the cheapest way I can run 35x12.50's without having any rubbing issues, or any other issues for that matter, before I can save up for a suspension lift? I'd like to try and save my stock flares until I can save up for flat flares, but i realize cutting may have to occur. I'm just wondering if there is any other way of running these tires without wasting a few hundred bucks on something that will be replaced a year or two down the road. Oh...the wheels are ProComp 16x8's with a 4.5" backspacing. All suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
without any rubbing, install a 2.5" budget boost and 1" body lift. if you keep your factory wheels, you'll need to run 1.5" wheel spacers as well. it don't get any cheaper than that and it's a setup that we've run before so i speak from experience here.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
without any rubbing, install a 2.5" budget boost and 1" body lift. if you keep your factory wheels, you'll need to run 1.5" wheel spacers as well. it don't get any cheaper than that and it's a setup that we've run before so i speak from experience here.
Any brand you recommend?
Old 08-22-2012, 06:05 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Any brand you recommend?
hard to go wrong with any brand out there. we've run the TF 2.5" kit and MORE 1" body lift and was happy with that setup.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
hard to go wrong with any brand out there. we've run the TF 2.5" kit and MORE 1" body lift and was happy with that setup.
Do you recommend using the TF kit with shocks, or use adaptors for the stock shocks?
Old 08-22-2012, 06:14 PM
JK Super Freak

I will chime in and say I have TF shocks: very happy with them.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:15 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Do you recommend using the TF kit with shocks, or use adaptors for the stock shocks?
so long as you run a different set of shocks like bilstein 5100's, i might go that route. otherwise, the extensions work well enough and it's a lot cheaper to go that route.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:25 PM
JK Freak

You could chop your flares...gut the fender wells, and adjust bump stops to limit tire travel
Old 08-22-2012, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I found a 2.5" lift with coil spacers, bump stops, and bilstein 5100 shocks. That's it. How would this handle on and off road?

Quick Reply: Cheapest way to running 35x12.50's??