Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cheapest exhaust I've seen... from Rusty's

Old 05-01-2008, 11:16 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cheapest exhaust I've seen... from Rusty's

Here is an exhaust for those on a budget, I don't know how it sounds, but it's only $159 and uses a "Cherry Bomb" muffler. I've already had Borla for months or I would have gotten this...

Old 05-01-2008, 11:22 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks kinda like a Flowmaster. I bet it's loud being so small. Thanks for posting. That's intrestin.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea, i saw that on their site, i'd love feedback if anyone has installed or heard this
Old 05-01-2008, 01:13 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Looks kinda like a Flowmaster. I bet it's loud being so small. Thanks for posting. That's intrestin.
Why, because it's smaller than the OE muffler? Most every other muffler that I've seen is smaller than the OE JK muffler. My Magnaflow is no bigger than that and it's not loud, of course everything is drowned out by my Nitto's.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:45 PM
JK Newbie

Default I had the Cherry Bomb on an old TJ

I had that same Cherry Bomb on my 01 TJ. I was at the OK4WD rock pile in 2002 and I crushed my tailpipe really bad. I was wheeling the next day and went to a local New Jersey exhaust shop to get a new tail pipe made. Well, he had me over the barrel. He said I needed a new muffler as well as a tail pipe. He wouldn't install a tail pipe onto my muffler which only had a very small dent in it. So I asked what performace mufflers he had and it was the Cherry bomb. It looked very similar to a flowmaster but had a different sound. I can't describe it but it sounded good just different. I didn't keep the TJ too much longer so I couldn't tell you how it held up. I would guess it was as good of a muffler as the flowmaster but don't know for sure. I don't really see a need for a different muffler unless you just want the sound. I wheel my JK on black trails and the most difficult lines and have no issues with the muffler but I did crush the end of the tail pipe on the last trip. I may do something with my exhaust only to either shorten or relocate the tailpipe.

Bob Coco
Old 05-01-2008, 01:59 PM
JK Freak

I got a FlowMaster put on for $135 at a local small shop. Was out of a box, and he welded up the connections and a tailpipe. All that and out in less than an hour. He had a MagnaFlow for $125, and a couple others less known...but couldn't tell me how any of them worked or sounded with the JK's.

So if on a budget...head down to a small shop and refuse to pay double for the pre-fit bolt on connections that are the driving cost on all the expensive designs.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:23 PM
JK Newbie

a guy in my city does flow masters or magnaflow mounted anywhere 220 out the door installed with tax. dont get ripped off. dont buy crap
Old 05-06-2008, 02:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by armycop
Here is an exhaust for those on a budget, I don't know how it sounds, but it's only $159 and uses a "Cherry Bomb" muffler. I've already had Borla for months or I would have gotten this...

HOW DOES YOUR BORLA SOUND AM TRYING TO CHOSE BORLA OR GIBSON
Old 05-06-2008, 02:34 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
Why, because it's smaller than the OE muffler? Most every other muffler that I've seen is smaller than the OE JK muffler. My Magnaflow is no bigger than that and it's not loud, of course everything is drowned out by my Nitto's.
No, because if it's a FLOWMASTER or similarly made, it only has TWO baffles. I want some Nittos, too....dangit.

Quick Reply: Cheapest exhaust I've seen... from Rusty's