Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cheap Tire Carrier?

Old 07-15-2016, 01:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap Tire Carrier?

Ordering 315/70R17 tires, does anyone have any recommendations for a cheap, get the job done tire carrier? I'm not looking for a carrier/bumper combo.
Old 07-15-2016, 03:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran the stock tire carrier for 4 years with
That same size tire on the back. It rests perfectly on the bumper which helps support it.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by heycody
Ordering 315/70R17 tires, does anyone have any recommendations for a cheap, get the job done tire carrier? I'm not looking for a carrier/bumper combo.
Smittybilt has an oversized tire carrier for about $130. It states it'll hold 37s. I've had 35s on it for a year. Recently changed stock hinges to MorRyde heavy duty hinges, and this thing is rock solid and silent off road and on.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have a 35 on my stock carrier with no problem. just extend the rubber bumpstop if nessary and add one if needed to keep the tire from shifting / vibrating

Quick Reply: Cheap Tire Carrier?