Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

changing my lift and have questions

Old 11-25-2015, 02:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changing my lift and have questions

In the next month or so im goint to chang some parts of my lift and have a few questions

First. The lift on my jeep (its a 2013 2door) has a rough country 2 1/2 budget lift with a rear track bar reloction bracket.

Second. Im wanting to get rid of the pucks and put on metalcloack 2 in dual rate springs.

Third. Will there be any problems with this? And if so what will it be, thanks for the help.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:03 PM
JK Junkie

If you have a rear drop bracket i would change it to a axle side TB bracket.
Caster correction ie brackets, front CA's (upper or lower) Front track bar (axle center)

Are you running shock extensions?
Old 11-25-2015, 03:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you just buying springs? Are you happy with the setup currently? What other parts did the current budget boost include? A typical 2" lift includes some form of front caster correction. Either adjustable front lower control arms or AEV correction brackets. A front adjustable track bar and longer shocks or shock extension brackets should also be added.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:42 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

There should be no issues arising from removing the budget boost and factory coils and adding the metal cloak coils.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
There should be no issues arising from removing the budget boost and factory coils and adding the metal cloak coils.
agree with this
Old 11-27-2015, 04:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
If you have a rear drop bracket i would change it to a axle side TB bracket.
Caster correction ie brackets, front CA's (upper or lower) Front track bar (axle center)

Are you running shock extensions?
Spot on...reason being you're going to get more lift than advertised with the MC coils ( which are great ) So front caster will be needing some help. Drop brackets are a simple and effective remedy.

Also you will have a rake with those coils...so unless you have a lot of junk in the trunk you may want a 3/4" spacer up front.

I have the rear 3.5 MC coils and it sits level with the 4" Evo coils. I do have a 37" spare and steel JCR rear bumper as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20151127_082447.png
Views:	63
Size:	798.0 KB
ID:	631072

Sent from my SM-N920T using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: changing my lift and have questions