Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Centramatic's Continuous Wheel Balancers

Old 09-18-2009, 09:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have them on my daily driver and they work well. The truck is an F-450 running 37" Toyos on 22" wheels. There is some noise under 20mph, but it is not that bad. To me it sounds like the hiss of an air leak. A few weeks ago I had a guy ask me if the truck had air brakes because he heard the sound of the balancing material come to a stop when I stopped at a light. Rather than try to explain it to him I just said "yes it does" and left it at that.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:14 PM
JK Newbie

and other then noise at slow speeds they dont need to do any sort of balancing.

I want a set of these and stuans insides the tires lol.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

Don't know about on jeeps but I have been running Centramatics on my M2=112 Freightliner for the past five years and they are great. I haven't had any tire problems in 70,000 miles. My truck is a RV toter.

Henry
Old 09-19-2009, 06:59 PM
JK Freak

I had a good look at the hubs today and you would need about a 1/4 inch spacer on each one for the balancer to fit. The brake calipers stick out too far for them to sit flush on the hubs.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:49 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Locklain
I had a good look at the hubs today and you would need about a 1/4 inch spacer on each one for the balancer to fit. The brake calipers stick out too far for them to sit flush on the hubs.
So you have seen the balancers? The supplier up here said they were stamped to clear the calipers.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:32 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wildandwillin
So you have seen the balancers? The supplier up here said they were stamped to clear the calipers.
That could be, I didn't know if they made them specifically for the Jeep or if they were just 5x5 pattern and flat. If the supplier says they fit they should, if not at least you can bring them back on that precedence.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:04 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Locklain
That could be, I didn't know if they made them specifically for the Jeep or if they were just 5x5 pattern and flat. If the supplier says they fit they should, if not at least you can bring them back on that precedence.
Well it looks like someone needs to buy or at least go look at a set......lol I was hoping there was at least a set in use on the fourm for a jeep
Old 09-20-2009, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is an email I got from Centramatic back in February when I asked if they were available for the JK:

"THERE IS ANOTHER ISSUE BESIDES THE 5 BOLT CIRCLE
THEY ALSO CHANGE THE LOCATION OF THE BRAKE CALIPERS
THE BRAKE CALIPERS ARE THE MAIN ISSUE NOW
AS TOLD BY OUR MANUFACTURING DEPARTMENT
I DO NOT KNOW AS OF THIS DATE IF WE ARE GOING TO EVEN HAVE ONE
IF SO , MAYBE FALL TIME
REGARDS JERRY 800-523-8473"
Old 09-20-2009, 12:24 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Offroad
This is an email I got from Centramatic back in February when I asked if they were available for the JK:

"THERE IS ANOTHER ISSUE BESIDES THE 5 BOLT CIRCLE
THEY ALSO CHANGE THE LOCATION OF THE BRAKE CALIPERS
THE BRAKE CALIPERS ARE THE MAIN ISSUE NOW
AS TOLD BY OUR MANUFACTURING DEPARTMENT
I DO NOT KNOW AS OF THIS DATE IF WE ARE GOING TO EVEN HAVE ONE
IF SO , MAYBE FALL TIME
REGARDS JERRY 800-523-8473"
I will go and look at the ones in town and let you guys know
Old 09-20-2009, 03:32 PM
JK Newbie

I have a set on my Samurai (32X11.50X15 tires) and they work really well. I get the tires balanced and then use the Centramatic wheel balancers to keep the wheels balanced. Before using the dynamic balancers i would have to go back to the dealer and get my tires rebalanced after I aired down a few times for wheeling, because the tires have a tendency to move slightly on the rims causing me to get a slight wobble. Since I got the dymanic balancers I haven't had this problem.

If you are using a set of wheel spacers you shouldn't have a problem. just mount the balancers between the spacer and the wheel.

I was going to take them off of the Samurai and have new holes drilled but now that I see they have them for the JK I just might get another set for it.

Win

Quick Reply: Centramatic's Continuous Wheel Balancers