Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

centering difference springs/spacers

Old 03-30-2008, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default centering difference springs/spacers

I am looking to do a winch and winch bumper on my TF BB. I have the spacer and another 3/4 spacer up front to level it out. Now I know the added weight will lower the front end so I am considering coils to even it out.

Right now, my front axle sits 1/4" to one side; so it is basically 1/8" off. It drives and handles fine for me. Since I have a "spaced lift" of 3.25 inches in the front, I am guessing that the springs will sit close to that mark.

My question is, would my amount of axle shift change if I added springs (vs. having spacers) IF the height is exactly the same? In other words, do springs cause the axles to shift any difference than spacers would?

Thanks
Old 03-30-2008, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

i went throught the exact thing, ome hd you will be very happy how it looks and drives. i was very pleasantly suprised.
buy it at northridge. screw the big 4x4 places
Old 03-30-2008, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zeeksta
i went throught the exact thing, ome hd you will be very happy how it looks and drives. i was very pleasantly suprised.
buy it at northridge. screw the big 4x4 places
Are you talking about the entire lift or just the front springs (assuming 3")?
Old 03-30-2008, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

the ome hd (kit) is actually 4 springs and 4 shocks, thats it
sell your spacers and extentions or shocks, to help i sold mine for 150 in a day on here
Old 03-30-2008, 10:43 AM
JK Junkie

Axle shift will be the same with spacers or springs, it all depends on height. After I added a winch, winch plate,2 skids and a compressor to my front end I lost about 1.25" I think 1.25", I'd have to recheck the measurements I took, but it was about that. The front end also felt very spongy after the weight was added.

Im extremely happy after I replaced the front spcers with springs. It sits level, handles better, and just over all feels more solid on and off road. I definitely recommend switching to HD coils.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Currently, I do not have an adjustable front trackbar; which is the main reason for asking. I want to avoid getting one right after I put the bumper, winch and coils in b/c I will not be able to afford to do everything.

Quick Reply: centering difference springs/spacers