Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Centerforce dual friction vs spec stage 2+

Old 10-10-2011, 11:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Centerforce dual friction vs spec stage 2+

I need a new clutch and have narrowed it down to these two. I have no experience with aftermarket clutches so any experience or feedback is really appreciated.

Also, if I should consider something else let me know too.

Thanks,

BP
Old 10-10-2011, 06:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Bump..........
Old 10-10-2011, 06:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard good things about both, the reason I went with the CF was Quadratec had it in stock and no one local had the spec. No problems with the CF so far.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:13 PM
JK Newbie

Go with the centerforce. I had a spec clutch put in my 66 corvette and it just about shook the car apart. Tech support said I needed to burn it in by dumping the clutch multiple times. Never got better and pulled it out within 1200 miles. Put a centerforce dual friction in and it has been perfect from the start.

Mike
Old 10-10-2011, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wytmike
Go with the centerforce. I had a spec clutch put in my 66 corvette and it just about shook the car apart. Tech support said I needed to burn it in by dumping the clutch multiple times. Never got better and pulled it out within 1200 miles. Put a centerforce dual friction in and it has been perfect from the start.

Mike
Agreed, had a spec clutch in a Mustang. Didn't last long. Centerforce are far better
Old 10-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a centerforce dual friction in my old XJ, that thing was awesome! I'd definitely recommend them for any vehicle.

-Joe

Quick Reply: Centerforce dual friction vs spec stage 2+