Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Centerforce dual friction clutch

Old 11-21-2013, 06:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Centerforce dual friction clutch

Anyone running this is the 3.8liter???? If so how do you like it? Any difference???
Old 11-21-2013, 12:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no experience with the centerforce dual friction, but if you're shopping around for a clutch right now the only input I can add... I just put an ACT HD/Performance in mine prior to installing my supercharger, and I've been very happy with it. Clutch pedal maybe feels a little heavier than before, but engagement and shifting is very smooth. It's also an SFI approved clutch, which granted might not mean a whole lot in a Jeep, but it at least tells you its tough and should be able to handle anything a jeep could ever throw at it.

Centerforce does make a high quality clutch though - hopefully someone with some actual experience with the DF can chime in.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:16 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by zero_traction69
Anyone running this is the 3.8liter???? If so how do you like it? Any difference???
Have it_ it is great. If you can afford extra cost_ you will feel a bit of difference. Lighter pedal. Better "grab" when engaging.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:14 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used them not in jeeps but our 03 Dodge and passed pick ups.Awesome clutch
Old 11-22-2013, 05:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no personal experience, but I recall reading on a forum the other day that the one downside to the CF clutch is if you off road and crawl a lot. As I understood the post, the pressure of engagement increases at higher RPM, but obviously when crawling you are running low RPM.

No idea if that is the case or if it matters once in gear (I don't generally shift gears mid rock!). Maybe something to look into.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:44 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

I put one in the wives jku at 130,000 miles. She says it is smoother and engages easier. She gained about 1 mpg with it as well, I thought it may have been a different fuel blend but have about 15,000 miles on it and she is still getting the better mileage. Its a sahara 3.8 with 4.10 gears and factory wheels. Getting right around 23 mpg.

Quick Reply: Centerforce dual friction clutch