Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Centerforce Clutch bearing question

Old 09-23-2009, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so there is a light at the end of the tunnel and there is a better bearing!!!!! have you been into any water or mud with it and how long have you had it?
Old 09-27-2009, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed a centerforce clutch and I was pretty happy with it, although I did notice a rattling sound in 5th and 6th gears that sounds distinctly like the clutch fingers when i first lifted it out of the box. Someone mentioned the possibility of the bearing as an issue but i didn't look into it before I sold the jeep (planning to upgrade to a 4 dr). It wasn't very loud, and I never noticed it with the radio on. Also, I never checked the fitup of the insulation around the shifter once everything was re-installed so that might have been the culprit whereas i wouldn't have heard the sound normally. I don't perceive it to be an issue with the Centerforce clutch, just what I noticed.

Last edited by JKCobra; 09-27-2009 at 02:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Centerforce Clutch bearing question