Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Center Consoles???

Old 11-23-2009, 09:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
Not true, I've seen Canadian jeeps without a center console
That's like me saying I've seen American jeeps driving around with no doors, so they must come that way from the factory.

If it's a Canadian JK you are talking about, then the consoles would've been removed after the factory. I do live in Canada and can only tell you for sure about the JKs sold in Canada. And I can only speak for the JKs, not any previous jeep model.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
I have one, I pullled out. You can have it... But springtail solutions is using it at the moment..

when they are done, you can have it. Its for a 6 speed.
ooh ooh ooh.....circle the vultures.........you have a PM if he doesn't jump on it.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:41 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Bazetthound
That's like me saying I've seen American jeeps driving around with no doors, so they must come that way from the factory.

If it's a Canadian JK you are talking about, then the consoles would've been removed after the factory. I do live in Canada and can only tell you for sure about the JKs sold in Canada. And I can only speak for the JKs, not any previous jeep model.
I'm not sure how that compares. These guys came to jkfest. They bought base model jks with vinyl seats. They had no center consoles and that's how they came from the factory. I ASKED . I didn't assume.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's worth checking that the "take-off" OEM console is going to work with an original JK which came without a console before doing the shipping.

I put a Tuffy console in mine but the Tuffy used some of the hardware from the original to mount it (just bolts so it wouldn't be a big deal to replace those from a hardware store).

However, under the stock console there is a mounting plate bolted to the floor of the JK that stays with the Tuffy console. (The Tuffy bolts to it). I'm not sure what the JK's with no console look like but if they don't have this plate then fitting the OEM console could be a bit more tricky.

Maybe someone without an OEM console can post a picture of what it looks like.

I have some pictures of what it looks like under the OEM console but I'm on vacation this week and don't think I'll be able to get my hands on them to post them until next week.

Steve
Old 11-24-2009, 05:09 AM
JK Freak

What year/model doesn't come with a console? Did you buy it new or was it used? The JKs in Canada all come with consoles, even the base models.
The full center console was an option here in the US for '07-'09. The '10 models all have a full console. Most X models from '07-'09 got full consoles, including anything with the prefered equipment package. Mine is an '08 and came with the "mini" console. It has two cup holders for the front and rear, but no storage. Here is a pic I found of someones stock mini console that they added some rubber to. As you can see......it SUCKS!

Last edited by RedneckJeep; 11-24-2009 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Please no mafungo pictures. They stretch the thread. Thanks.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:11 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh yes, and all us being Americans, we know how each and every single Jeep is equipped from the factory. We know every possible detail about them. We can only speak for the American JKs though, but we know it ALL about them.

Are you seein how stupid that sounds yet?? If it's ONE thing I've learned in over thirty years of work in the automotive world, it's NEVER SAY NEVER. Because just as soon as you do, one will roll in and prove you wrong. ....and that's been ESPECIALLY true for Chrysler products through the years.....American or otherwise.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I bought my X/B model (as opposed to X/S), the console consisted of 2 cupholders and a shallow tray for a golf pencil. No arm rest, no hinged compartment.
I talked to Mopar about getting an "S" model console, and the Tuffy was cheaper than buying all the parts to piece the bigger OEM together. ($400).
My "non-console" WAS OEM, but my Jeep was short on options

sorry, slow with response................

Last edited by wilywillie; 11-24-2009 at 05:14 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:41 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Teraflex had one made by Maxbuilt, from another thread:

Originally Posted by TeraFlex

New Max Bilt center console!
Old 11-24-2009, 05:42 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would love the Tuffy one personally, but i just cant swing the price tag on it.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:47 AM
JK Freak

I checked out the Maxbuilt one as well. Looks to be in the same price range as the Tuffy. I'm about ready to hack up a TJ console just make something affordable that will work.

Quick Reply: Center Consoles???