Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Center caps or no center caps on cragars???

Old 04-09-2011 | 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Center caps or no center caps on cragars???

I just got my five 16x8 soft 8s in the mail today and can't make up my mind if I want to run center caps or not. I can paint the tips of the hubs the same black as my rims and I think that will look ok. I know one thing I don't want is the big center caps like the Cragar center caps that stick a few inches out from the center. I just dont like that look. If I do put a center cap on there. I want something that is lower profile but I can't find any like that for sale. I've seen the sterno can mod and that's not a bad idea, but can I cut the can down to make it even lower profile than it is in the sterno can thread?? What are yalls thoughts? Thanks!!
Old 04-09-2011 | 06:26 PM
JK Super Freak

i am interested in the feedback on this thread as well as i have some rugged ridge 17x9's that need painting and i am on the fence as what to do about center caps.....subscribed!
The following users liked this post:
STEPHANIE ARCHER (05-07-2021)
Old 04-09-2011 | 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have steel wheels pro comp no center caps most guys that use the JK for crawling just bend/crack them off just paint center with high heat paint
Old 04-09-2011 | 06:49 PM
JK Jedi Master

I first used the center caps, but one of them got crushed on a rock. I now run without any caps.

Old 04-09-2011 | 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I may have to play around with some stuff and see what I can come up with. y'all keep the ideas coming though!!
Old 04-09-2011 | 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm running 15" Soft 8s with the stock jeep cap. I like the look and it covers the centers. I have Black Lugs on the way too.

Old 04-09-2011 | 08:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
These aren't cragars, but they're black wheels and I like a touch of chrome though.
Do you have a close up of your wheels/caps?
Old 04-09-2011 | 08:11 PM
JK Newbie

I also have the Procomp one and i paint the center cap flat black. I love them. Check on the Procomp site, i know they have some nice center cap you can buy.
Old 04-10-2011 | 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would like to see more pics of center caps or other solutions.
Went with the Cragars and they didn't come with caps. So I have been running them with no caps, and at first that was fine. But the part where the Jeep axle goes through the wheel hole (don't know what it's called) it starting to rust a lot.

Perhaps painting those centers is a good idea, but how do I get the rust off first?
Old 04-10-2011 | 09:41 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Tails

Perhaps painting those centers is a good idea, but how do I get the rust off first?
Just use a wire brush to clean them up a little. No need to get all the rust off. Then hit it with some paint. That's what I did.

Quick Reply: Center caps or no center caps on cragars???