Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Catalytic converters

Old 03-19-2013, 11:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading all the posts, I'd have to second the motion of saving and buying some Ripp headers w/cats. If you're going to spend all that money, why not wait a bit and get something that will help gas milage and horse power. Also- unless you're getting inspected soon, your cats not working is irrelevant. It's not like their going to catch fire.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:47 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKingAround

I have and still going down this road. I replace one side with aftermarket ones for about 200 and now have to do the other side now. You can get a OEM one from wholesalemoparparts.com for 600 with return of the core if I had to do it again that's what I would of done.
hey what aftermarket converters did you put on? so you have any pics? was the space an issue?
Old 07-16-2013, 01:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepwolley

hey what aftermarket converters did you put on? so you have any pics? was the space an issue?
I had a muffler shop do it
Old 07-16-2013, 01:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKingAround

I had a muffler shop do it
Now in Florida we don't have emissions so I don't know how it affects you and your state
Old 04-17-2017, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another question

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Agree. And with so many oil consuming JK's on the road, you know a good number of them are already full of unburnt oil...
Hey you have helped me before choosing parts and I wanted to get your opinion on cats. I have one that is out. Mopar stock or ?????

Quick Reply: Catalytic converters