Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Castor issue

Old 11-12-2009, 11:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Castor issue

Let me start by saying I have read the write up and a lot of the other threads but am still a liitle lost on what I need to do to correct my castor. I have a TF 2.5 coil lift with adj LCA and track bar in front along with an adj track bar in the rear. Right now the castor on the driver side is at 7 rear of C lower to the ground. Is this the right way for it to be angled? The passenger side is at 2 almost looks flat. I am having trouble rotating the axle to get it lined up when I try and lengthen the arm any suggestions? Should I worrry about how much thread is showing on one side versus the other. Right now the driver side barely has any threads showing after the jam nut but the passenger side has about 1/2 inch of thread showing after the jam nut? Also my JEEP is pulling to the right some is this due to castor? Thanks for the help this is for you!
Old 11-12-2009, 11:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gary,

The pulling you're experiencing is most definitely because of the two control arms being such different lengths. Due to the camber of the road you MIGHT want one arm to be SLIGHTLY different than the other but not the way you describe it. Also, 7 degrees is a bit high and you certainly need to get both close to the same range. By having one side at 7 and one side at 2 you're really out of spec and you need to get it back in spec. I would back off the LCA that set at 7 degrees and get it back around 5-6. Then measure the length of it and set your other arms the exact same length. It might be difficult to bolt up but you can do it. Once both are the same length re-measure your castor and they should be very close to each other. If they are not then you might have a bent axle or something.

I hope that makes sense. I'm sure other more experienced guys will jump in with more advice. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Castor issue