Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Caster setting

Old 03-02-2014, 09:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ronjenx
My stock JK keeps me busy on the wheel with a good cross wind, but I wouldn't say it's a chore to keep it between the lines. Yours being lifted is bound to be a little less stable than stock.
You said it about perfectly... keeps me busy on the wheel.

We have many areas of flat fields around here that are subject to heavy winds. I have pretty much always needed two hands on the wheel during these instances just to keep from looking like a drunk driver. But, I suppose with the lack of aerodynamics these rigs have this is to be expected. My last vehicle (3/4 ton Dodge truck) drove like a dream in windy weather compared to this thing. With no wind the Jeep drives just fine, even lifted. I bet the wind will push her around now, though!
Old 03-02-2014, 09:16 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Yeah, Jeeps are interesting to drive in heavy winds. Your earlier post said "any bit of wind", which got my attention. But here in Oklahoma "heavy winds" are about 20-25 MPH. Anything less is a pleasant breeze. LOL.

Quick Reply: Caster setting