Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Caster explanation for dummies

Old 01-07-2017, 08:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caster explanation for dummies

Ok quick back story. Bought a 2010 jku with 3.5 pro comp lift. Factory control arms and no cam bolts. Decided to go with the rubicon express geometry correction brackets. I'm going to put them on tomorrow and I have been reading forums and watching YouTube all night trying to figure out what my caster is currently at. Right now I'm getting 88* on the front of the differential at the bolts to the right of the diff and 93* at the pinion. If I'm doing the math correctly that's 5* and my caster should already be almost perfect. I feel like I'm missing a step here and anybody that could explain it, I would really appreciate it. I can provide any further info you might need. Thanks in advance
Old 01-08-2017, 04:02 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

The only accurate way to know your caster is to have it checked on an alignment rack.

Once you do that, you can keep track of how much you change it at home.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm following this. I have the same lift on my 2016 JKU. We installed Core 4x4 lower control arms on New Years Day. We took the stock arms and adjusted the new ones to an 1/2 inch longer then stock as the guys from recommended. I'm surprised how much better it rides. Doesn't ride so stiff. I have an appointment Tuesday for an alignment at 4 wheel parts.

Good luck with your Jeep 👍🍻

Quick Reply: Caster explanation for dummies