Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Caster Adjustment Needed On Teraflex 2.5" Coil Lift?

Old 04-24-2010 | 02:12 AM
MD5
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by EstianSwanepoel
That's very interesting
I see in your signature you have flex arms with your lift. Which are those? Front LCA or a full set?
I actually installed only the front lower TeraFlex FlexArm to adjust the caster. Next week I will add the rear upper TF control arm to adjust the pinion angle and decrease the wearing of the stock drive shaft. These of course are not mandatory mod's but I think they can help in obtaining a very smooth and better than stock ride.
Old 04-24-2010 | 02:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well I was thinking of maybe just getting a full set of FlexArms and the TF Monster Trackbar. Make the lift like a complete kit.
Old 04-24-2010 | 04:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
As for your question about the trackbar bracket universality--Suggest that you PM Teraflex about that.
Originally Posted by GRAVL
I think you will find that everything will BUT the track Bar wont.
Originally Posted by Duradak
RHDrive – I would imagine the rear track bar is still mounted to the axle on the left side.
Turns out it's not. So I don't think it will work. Unless the bracket has some sort of symmetry I'm unaware of. See pics below.

I created a thread that shows all the RHD differences. Have a look, will give you some insight
Old 04-24-2010 | 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the TF coils and shocks kit mounted on my 2 door. I did get the adjustable front track bar so I could recenter the front axle.

TF provides that bracket to lower to rear tb upper mounting point. The key thing about this is that it preserves your ability to keep the tb as close to parallel as possible to your rear axle This in turn keeps the jeep from jumping around when you go over a good bump on the freeway.

I got a northridge mount and had it welded to the rear axel to seriously beef the track bar location point. I also had some gussets welded to the front axle tb mount so that doesn't get torn off.

When you put that bracket in the rear upper mount you may find the holes don't line up. All you have to do is take a file and bevel the outer edge of the bracket. There is no need to hog out the mounting holes. I filed an eighth of an inch off of each side and viola, perfect and very tight alignment. I am going to have that bracket welded up later this year because it does provide a longer moment arm and I am sure it puts a lot more stress on the stock mount to frame welds.

Mine handles fine, its predictable. I do get a bit of a right left sway as it dives if you nail the brakes from a high speed but it is consistent and no big deal.

The reason I did not go with a castor adjustment is that you already have increased the angle of the front drive shaft by raising the jeep. You tilt that axel back a bit more and you are adding to the angle and stressing the u join/cv more. I may eventually replace the ball joints with a version that builds in castor without tilting the axel back more.

Last edited by Pylot7; 04-24-2010 at 05:56 AM.
Old 04-24-2010 | 08:37 AM
MD5
JK Newbie

Me too I beef some weak point in the front and rear axle. This job was done a few days before lift install.

JKS Rear Trackbar Brace:

ORE C-Gusset

Rock Krawler Weld On Front Trackbar Gusset
Old 04-26-2010 | 10:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I stand corrected! Thanx Estian.

Quick Reply: Caster Adjustment Needed On Teraflex 2.5" Coil Lift?