Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

carpet removal

Old 04-20-2009, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carpet removal

Yo

i want to take out the carpet so that i can use the drain holes. how difficult is it to do? Is there alot of wires and tubing showing? how then does it look with no carpet? does the acustics change?

please answer what you can
Old 04-20-2009, 09:16 PM
JK Newbie

i have carpets in and drain plugs out...no water buildup..you want permanent carpet out???sorry just confsed why
Old 04-20-2009, 09:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Easy

It was easy for me. I had to cut a little peace for the ones in front seats. I say it took maybe 20 minutes to take them all for my 2 door.

I have been happy without carpet. So much easier to clean.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:28 PM
JK Freak

Talking

Originally Posted by atthedrivein
i have carpets in and drain plugs out...no water buildup..you want permanent carpet out???sorry just confsed why
Don't you want to keep water out tho?
Old 04-21-2009, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Easy as can be to take them out. Just start pulling and you'll see where you need to cut 2 little spots near the front seat posts. Its slightly louder, but SOOOO much easier to clean. Either rinse with a hose, or vacuum. This summer I'm going to get an air chisel and take the acoustic foam off my floorboards and Herculine the crap out of mine. I've heard the Herculiner or Line-X coatings make it just as quiet, if not quieter, than stock with the carpet in...
Old 04-21-2009, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have to admit to a bit of confusion. If you run your JK with the drain plugs out all of the time, what stops water and or dirt from coming in on your floorboards????
Old 04-21-2009, 08:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by hohokom
I have to admit to a bit of confusion. If you run your JK with the drain plugs out all of the time, what stops water and or dirt from coming in on your floorboards????
sorry for the confusion... i have my drain plugs out with carpets in...believe it or not i dont have that much water come through....and i have the plugs out mostly because whenever i think i can take my top off it rains..ive never had a problem...
now sorry for the runoff... carpets were real easy to take out...i drove it stock without carpets in and not a horrible change in sound..but if you have more aggresive tires it could change for you...and as for looks i thought it was awesome...that may be only me though
Old 04-21-2009, 08:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CitadelJeep04
Easy as can be to take them out. Just start pulling and you'll see where you need to cut 2 little spots near the front seat posts. Its slightly louder, but SOOOO much easier to clean. Either rinse with a hose, or vacuum. This summer I'm going to get an air chisel and take the acoustic foam off my floorboards and Herculine the crap out of mine. I've heard the Herculiner or Line-X coatings make it just as quiet, if not quieter, than stock with the carpet in...
that grooved looking stuff in the front floor boards is (as i was told) for heat dispersion as well as sound. just herculine right over it. no big deal, thats what i did
Old 04-21-2009, 08:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paramaniac
that grooved looking stuff in the front floor boards is (as i was told) for heat dispersion as well as sound. just herculine right over it. no big deal, thats what i did
who does seam sealer dissipate heat?
Old 04-21-2009, 08:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by greenamphibious
who does seam sealer dissipate heat?
im just going off what my dealership mechanic told me.... said it was better to leave it than try to remove it because it was over "hot spots"

ive been wrong before (see all my posts about my ex wife!)

Quick Reply: carpet removal